Friday, May 6, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

So I've been debating about writing about what I'm about to write about for a while now (did that make any sense at all? Who knows...pretty sure that was the worst grammar I have ever used.). I don't know why. I mean, I don't know if anyone (other than Jo) even reads this thing anymore. And she already knows my entire life. So this isn't news to her. So I don't know why I haven't written about this.

Anyway...enough rambling.

Today is one of the happiest days I've had in a while. Don't get me wrong - I've had some great days. I mean, I was just in Boston & NYC (more on that another day) and I had a blast. But I think that today might have trumped even that. Ok...maybe not, but they are such completely different things it's hard to compare. All I know is that today I'm super happy.

 OMG....Kristy stop rambling!!!

Well friends, as most of you know, weight has always been an issue for me. I don't remember EVER being thin. Even when I was on the drill team & dancing every day, I was never thin. I was the biggest girl on the team. But this year I have made it my priority to change that.

I set a goal to lose 40 pounds this year. I know that's high and most people don't think I have that much to lose. But I do. And I wanted it high so that I didn't limit myself. I kept saying that it didn't really matter if I made it all the way to 40 pounds lost, but as long as I was happy about how I looked I'd be ok if it were only 30 or so. (ha! Only 30...like that's such a small number!)

So I've been on this program called Medifast. And I love the results I've gotten from doing it! It's like Nutrisystems - where they send me packets of food that I eat 5 times a day and then one meal I provide (lean meat & green veggie). Today marks 9 weeks on the program (longest I've stayed on any "diet" before) and guess what...I've lost 20 pounds! I'm half-way to my goal and now that I'm exercising (I didn't have time during busy season) the pounds are coming off faster. So I hope to make it to my goal weight loss within the next 2 months.

Some people may judge and say that this program will only work while I'm on it and that as soon as I get off I'm going to gain back all the weight I have lost. But I don't think I will. I have a different relationship with food than I did before & I'm LOVING going to the gym. If I don't make it to the gym one day for some reason I really miss it. I love being active. It's great! So yes, I might gain 5 or so pounds back after I'm eating regular food again, but hey...I'll never let myself get back to where I was at the beginning of the year.

Anyway, just wanted to share this great news with whoever is out that still reading this boring blog of mine. I can't wait until I can write a post saying I made it to goal!! Won't that be amazing?!?!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

betcha didn't know i still follow your blog! i want to see before and after photos!

you are awesome for losing 20 pounds ... and in only nine weeks?! that's amazing. and really, 20 pounds on girls like us (read: rather short) is A LOT!

oddly enough i've had the same exact goal for myself this year. i've been on weight watchers since jan 1 and have lost 26#. it's so liberating, isn't it? you go to bed at night feeling so proud of yourself, and then wake up each morning excited to get on the scale. i'm a little obsessed with ww, so i highly suggest it as a maintenance choice when you're done with the medifast program (which i think is awesome, btw)

anyway, good for you:)

Kimba said...

(hey! another long time reader, horrible commenter) Kristy, that's awesome! i'd love to hear more about the medifast! i think you are just beautiful, honestly, but i know how important it is to be happy with yourself. i had to reevaluate things recently, and have forced myself to start up that couch to 5k program. i hate running, but the few classes at the gym a week wasn't helping. i've been tracking what i eat on sparkpeople (using calorie counter to put in recipes i make to check calories and protein and such). i started using it after a blogger i read reccommended it. It's awesome to still eat a lot of the things you like, just different portions. Anyway, again, that'd be for after your program. Good luck! I can't wait to see how it goes!

Robert and Stacey Hall Family said...

I was wondering how you were doing. I also read your blog, I get bummed when I don't see a update for a while. 20 pounds is awesome, I still have not started the back like I said. Now I can't since I am doing a weight loss challenge with 18 other people. We can only eat right and exercise, nothing else to help us like medifast. But, there is over $540 I could win. :) Keep up the good work!!!

Elizabeth O. said...

Hey Kristy!! I'm still here and I read your blog. I'm so proud of you!! HOly Cow 20 pounds lost already? That's awesome. I'm so excited to see pictures of the new you. Keep up the good work. I'm in Arizona now so I"m sad I never see any of you girls but at least we have our blogs right? =)

Geoff and Bets said...

kristy i read too! congrats on your success. love ya

Shannon said...

Kristy! That's amazing!!! Way to go! I'm always looking for inspiration :)

Camille said...

I'm here too!! CONGRATS!!! You should be so proud of yourself! Really, what an achievement. I agree with Jenny... we want some before and during/after shots!! I GUESS I could just see the after shot in person... considering I'm moving to Utah this week anyway... no really, we need to see each other, k? k. :)