Monday, July 30, 2012

Getting Old

Sometimes I forget that I'm 28 and NOT 16. I'm getting old and my body can't do what it used to be able to do.

This weekend Jessica, Tyson, Brant & I decided to go to Get Air Trampoline Park. It is a super fun place to go and it's a great workout! They have three areas - one dodge-ball/basketball arena, a place to do tricks off the trampoline into foam pits, and then a big area covered with trampolines where you can do any trick you want and can jump from trampoline to trampoline.

Well...in that third area, there are these platforms you can jump on and off of. We had been jumping on and off this one platform and having a grand old time. But then I forgot that I was old and I decided that it was a good idea for me to do front flip off the platform onto the trampoline.

Good news: I landed the flip!

Bad news: when I landed I heard a pop/snap coming from my leg and I collapsed. I wasn't quite sure if I had hurt my knee or ankle as both seemed to be hurting, but my leg was also a bit numb from the knee down. So when the helpful worker got me a bag of ice I didn't know where to put it. I opted for the ankle with a little bit of time for the knee as well.

Sadly I don't have insurance right now (I think it kicks in Aug. 1...) so I haven't been to a doctor. But luckily I have a great brother/doctor that I could text and get his expert advice. So yesterday I spent the whole day sitting on the couch with it wrapped and elevated hoping that my ankle and knee heal quickly.

You see...Brant & I leave for Sweden and NYC in just one week! And both those places require A LOT of walking. Not great timing on my part that's for sure.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Oh no! I hope your leg feels better soon Kristy. And I hope you have a wonderful time in NYC and Sweden!