Monday, January 14, 2013
Just When I Thought Things Were Perfect
Why is it than right when things start going your way and you feel like all the stars have aligned and life is perfect, all of a sudden there is a shift. All it takes is one little piece of the puzzle to fall out of place and you feel like you are tumbling through the open abyss. Just yesterday I was bearing my testimony in sacrament about how much Brant and I have been blessed and how after many prayers and trials things were working out perfectly. Then today I received a phone call which didn't necessarily put a stop to our plans, but it sure did put a big speed bump along our journey. We're back not knowing what we should do. What is the right decision for us to make. Is what happened today a sign that we were moving in the wrong direction and that we need to turn around? Or is it merely a test to see how much faith we have in the Lord and the answer that we received. Or at least we thought we received. Or is it, as Brant thinks, really a blessing and it's going to be better for us in the end? I just don't know. I know life isn't perfect. I know there are trials that we all have to go through and that's what life is about. Small tests that make us stronger and test our faith in the Savior. I know that Brant and I have been blessed this past week in many things. And I'm sure things will work out for the best. But come on! We JUST had one trial of our faith this past week, can't we get at least a full week in before the next one comes along? But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? As for now, I'm sure hoping this doesn't kill me - or my spirit. And I sure hope I can get some sleep tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Keep strong, gorgeous. I don't know what's going on in your life, but I know that when God throws something our way it's usually because he's preparing us for something so much greater. I love you! B loves you. God adores you. Keep holding on. Eat some good chocolate. Have a little cry. Wear something that makes you feel fabulous. Then keep taking the next step. You can do hard things. I love you two! Prayers are coming your way. ~xoxo~
Post a Comment