Thursday, May 15, 2008

Vacation

This is the longest times I've gone without blogging...pathetic I know. It hasn't even been all that long. Oh well. I have been doing lots of fun things that I should spend a lot of time blogging about. But I'm not really in the mood. That's why I haven't been on here lately...not in the mood. But I really don't want to do work right now so I figure this is the best thing to do to pass the time.

Well...what I've been up to the past few weeks: my parents came out to NY to visit me for 5 days. We had lots of fun! We shopped (Dad didn't have too much fun, but Mom and I did), went to Broadway shows (Boeing-Boeing, Mary Poppins, and Importance of Being Earnest), watched my cousin's son play baseball in Central Park, visited Dylan's Candy Bar, and walked a lot which was good because we also ate alot! We also went to the Natural History Museum. SO COOL!! I really like that place. We did lots of other fun stuff...but again...not really in the mood to blog so I'm cutting it short. I'm so glad they would come out and visit me though.

I didn't have too much time to miss them though because three days after they left they picked me up at the airport in SLC. It was my turn to be a guest. My five days in Bountiful were packed! My first day in Utah was spent shopping with my Mom and sister, and going to lunch with a couple of siblings. Then that night I went to my good friend Craig's wedding reception and Friday to his wedding luncheon. Then it was more family time! I had a sleep over with my nieces on Friday, went to my nephew's (Tyler) baseball game Sat. and then to a family BBQ at my sister Cori's house. Sunday was mother's day so the whole family came up to my parents' house for dinner. It was my one of my niece's (Kate) birthday the next day so dinner was also her birthday party. My family is getting quite large - 27 of us when we all get together!!! It's was so fun to be home and with them all again!!Then Sunday night it was time for me to come back to real life. Now I'm here sitting at work watching it rain wishing I were back on vacation...

Well...enjoy the pictures of my fun two weeks!!! (hopefully these will make up for my lack of blogging)

2 comments:

Kimba said...

I was laughing as you described your time in Utah, because that is EXACTLY what our trips always look like, running from one family or friend function to the next. :) It's almost like you need a vacation AFTER. Sounds like fun though!! And Dylan's Candy Bar, ALWAYS wanted to go there after Oprah had a show on it. :)

Katie Shelley said...

Kristy! What a fun couple of weeks! Your pictures made me get a little home sick. I love going back to Bountiful. Nothihg like being home! I LOVEd the picture of Jack on the hoppity horse! I am so glad your parents have kept those over the years!

Anyways, I just went private with my blog, will you send me your email address. I would love to add you!

Love ya!
Katie
katie.shelley@hotmail.com