My vacation started a little early. I took the whole day off on Friday (even though Mikey and Grandma Page weren't coming until 6 pm). I sat up on my roof and read, took a walk in Central Park, stopped in the Met for some great art, and then walked down Fifth Ave. Then, as I was walking home, I saw a lot of people gathered along Park Ave and I had to check it out. As I stood around waiting with the crowd I found out that the Pope was going to drive by on his way to some cathedral on the UES. That's right...I saw the Pope. So...he was in a limo with tinted windows, but if you look closely at this picture then you can see his outline. Haha!
But enough of my adventures by myself...the real fun began when Mikey and Grandma Page arrived. It would take way to long to detail all that we did, so I'll just hit the highlights. We did all the typical things you do in NY: eating, walking, shopping, pampering, touring, and going to Broadway shows.
We wanted to get tastes of different cultures so we had a wide rand of cuisine each night. We ate a wonderful Vegan dinner at Gobo, amazing Thai food from Pongsri, delicious Cuban food from Cafe Havana, and a great deli-style lunch at Cafe Dukes. We also picked up 2 bags of the most amazing popcorn you will ever have from Dale & Thomas.
I am seriously impressed at the stamina that Grandma Page has. I think I was more tired then she was at the end of the day. We would leave my apartment around 11 am each morning and not come back until after 11 pm each night. And we saw a lot. We hung out in Times Square, we walked around the Financial District (Wall Street), walked through Central Park, saw Rockefeller Center, took a ferry to see the Statue of Liberty...and much more. Grandma even took a tour of Radio City Music Hall (while Mikey and I hit up H&M). Here are some pictures of the things we did while walking around NY.
On Tuesday we got pampered. Mikey and I got facials, Grandma Page got a mani-pedi, and my roommates Kimmy and Jamie got massages. It was terrific!!! Too bad we didn't get any pictures of us in our matching robes...
Of course we saw many Broadway shows...one every night (except Friday). We saw Lion King, Curtains, The Phantom of the Opera, Gypsy, and Wicked (well...Mikey and her grandma saw it since they won the lottery and only got 2 tickets). All very different shows and all wonderful!! I felt very cultured after they left. Haha!
Sadly on Wednesday afternoon Mikey had to go back to California, and Grandma Page had to go back to Utah, and I had to go back to work. But don't feel too bad for me. I had so much fun the past week...and my parents come out on Wednesday for another fun filled week of playing tourist!! I can't wait!
8 comments:
What fun times! I bet you are just having the time of your life. I can't believe you went to so many shows...i'm totally jealous...I love broadway! Next time I go we'll have to go together!
I love checking out all your cute outfits in the pictures. Such a classy New Yorker you are!!!
I'm so jealous! Sounds like the best kind of vacation ever! And I'm still totally loving your hair. :)
You really do look so good, Kristy! Classy New Yorker...I like that! It looks like you are doing great and truly loving life in New York - I'm so happy for you!
Kristy!!! Remember me?!? I'm having flashbacks of some fun outfits for drill team initiation! I'm so glad I found your blog, cuz Jon and I are moving to Manhattan in August!!! I would LOVE to get together with you! Jon and I enjoyed reading some of your entries since he's a tax accountant too and could relate to some of that crazy jibberish on that to-do list of yours! I also want to pick your brain about the city since we'll be newbies going out there and in desperate need of any advice! Email me at tara3and5@hotmail.com when you get a minute.
Kris! It looks like you are having too much fun! I love your outfits in all of your pics, you are so dang cute! Your hair is so great too! I can't wait to see your pics from when mom and dad are there. I wish I were there too. See you soon though!!
So people actually do win the Wicked lottery? I thought it was only a myth...
Kristy
I have to tell you, I am so jelous of you. I want to go to NYC SOOOOO BAD! you don't even know but to live in NYC would be even more amazing! Lucky you! Sounds like you are having the time of your life!!!
Stefanie Hill Bowen
Post a Comment