Today is April 15 (well since it's now after midnight it's actually April 16...but that's just a technicality), so I should be out celebrating right? You're wrong! I actually have to prolong my celebration until tomorrow. But in rebellion of the fact that I have to work tomorrow, I am staying up late to post random pictures on my blog (I know...LOOK OUT! I'm a rebel!). So here you are:

Twice a month my roommates and I have the missionaries over for dinner. A few Sundays ago it was my turn to cook and I made Hawaiian haystacks. We had quite a bit left over, so Katie and I decided to do the best we could to finish it. We got the pan of rice, the two pots of sauce (one chicken and one broccoli), and all the toppings (tomatoes, almonds, pineapple, chow mien noodles, raisins, onions, etc) and that became our movie snack. We ate our leftovers while watching whatever Jane Austen movie was on Masterpiece Theater that night. (which if you didn't see those you really missed out...AMAZING!!!) Most random movie snack award goes to us :)


Pictures of NY in the Spring. The flowers are so beautiful on all the trees. Yes...we really do have trees in Manhattan other than in Central Park. The pink three against the white building is a picture taken from my bedroom window. The street lined with trees is Lexington Avenue between 92-93 streets (right by where I live). The white tree with the gate in front is my all-time favorite tree. There is a close up of it as well...but it still doesn't do it justice. This tree looks like it is covered in daisies!! It's so beautiful! Everyday I walk by this tree and wish that it could stay like that forver. It's so beautiful! I love NY in the spring. I wish that everyone could experience NY in the spring. It really is amazing!!



This is another picture taken from my bedroom window. Lately, this has been my alarm clock. I know all of you are say "sweetie...those are not alarm clocks." But every morning for the past week at exactly 7:30 am, I get woken up by a loud whirring noise outside my window. It is honestly so loud that it drowns out my actual alarm clock (which is set to go off at 8:30). I have become quite good at going back to sleep after being woken up by this construction, though, so that's good. But it sounds like they are doing construction in my room, and not outside - 5 floors below me. I hope that they are just clearing this area out and that they are not going to be building anything as well...but I think that's just wishful thinking.
This is my favorite picture. Only in NY can you find a store that sells clothing for puppies and babies! That's right...puppies and babies. Gotta love the Upper East Side!
3 comments:
Hawaiian Haystacks night and you didn't invite me?! This needs to change..
I LOVE the puppies and babies store!! That is classic. I love to see your pictures so keep taking them. It really does look beautiful there. I hope fall is pretty too because that is when I think I will come see you.
babies and puppies! new york is calling my name....those pictures are great!
Post a Comment