But today, all that changed. I FINALLY got my internet and cable set up at my new place! So I can finally share with you all my moving adventures.
On January 16, I returned from a week long training for work in DC to one of the busiest weekends I've had. Because of various reasons, I was moving out of my old apartment the next day and I had NOTHING packed. Thankfully Jo was willing to come over and help me pack. What a life saver!! I don't think I could have gotten everything done without her.
I have a LOT of purses..
The next day, I had some wonderful friends help me move into my new apartment. Although I didn't have too much stuff, it was still a job because I went from a fifth floor walk up to the fourth floor of a walk up. So I was VERY grateful for the help of my friends. They are so great!!! Thanks to all of you who came out in the freezing cold to help me. Oh - and was it cold!! It was one of the coldest days NY has seen. Brrrr!
I have now been in my apartment for two weeks and I LOVE it! A lot of people were worried that I would get lonely without roommates, but I'm really enjoying my own space. I can watch whatever I want, I can sing at the top of my lungs, I can laugh out loud at my cheesy tv shows/movies, and I can dance around the place at all times. Now you all know what I do in my spare time :).
I can't hardly wait to decorate and make my place really my own. I have great plans for my small apartment. But that will have to wait until after April 15 (work is starting to get busy). So for now I'll have to live with plain white walls.
One last thing...for all my family members who have been bugging me for pictures of my new place, here is a video tour.
3 comments:
Kris!! I love the tour! I can't wait to come and cozy up in your bed with you! I am getting my plane ticket today!!! yay!!!
Thanks for posting pictures!!! I can't believe you have your own apartment. Where is it?
Cute...can't wait to come stay with you. Maybe you can make me a mattress out of your purses...Wow! Very exciting...congrats!
Post a Comment