Thursday, August 13, 2009

What would it be like...

Today, a guy at my work walked in, picked up his computer and dropped it off at HR with the parting words of "good luck with busy season" and walked out. No 2-weeks notice, no hint of his plan to leave. He was just pushed to his limits and decided there were much better jobs out there. You may be wondering what the atmosphere at work is after such a blow. If I had to say it in one word - that would be "envious." All people can talk about is how they wished they had the guts to do that.

It really got me thinking "what would that be like?" And I can tell you this: it would be liberating... until the bills started piling up and I had no money to live in NYC anymore. But I do wish I had the guts and finances to follow his lead.

5 comments:

Brit Bennion said...

YIKES that's nuts! I can't believe he did that. I just hope it doesn't put too much pressure on you. Good luck with your job...oh to be living in the Big Apple!

Charisse Baldwin said...

Even if you could do that, I think you would leave notice. I guess he never thought about the fact that a reference would be needed in the future. Is work pretty busy right now?

Shannon said...

wow...that's crazy! I can't even imagine doing that!

Jenny said...

you are way too good a person to do that! 500 days of summer is on my list of things to do (or see, as the case may be) this week. i really want to see it and after your review, i want to see it even more. i can't believe how fast your hair grows...i'm jealous! you look beautiful, as always! mark and i are trying to make an east coast visit. i will definitely let you know if we ever make it!
best of luck surviving another week of work!

Jess said...

HAHAHAHAHA! I remember that, that was a great day. Glad he did and not me to make the statement that our company needed, although they seemed to get over it really quickly, sad!