Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Very Random Thoughts by a Very Random Girl

I think the worst part about coming back to work after a long holiday weekend is...well...coming back to work. Hahaha! 

What did I just say on that voice mail to my client? I'd be very welcome to do that for you? HUH?!?!

I kind of wish it'd snow. I know...I think I just saw a pig fly by my window.

B's sick. Part of me hopes I get it because it'd mean days off work. But I don't like being sick. Plus I need the money. So I actually hope I don't get it.

Speaking of money...weddings are EXPENSIVE!! Ugh! Now is the time I REALLY wish I had a money tree growing in my back yard.

I'm sitting at my desk right now with a tax file open pretending to work. That pretty much explains my day up til now. And it foretells what the rest of my day will look like.

My heart leaps with joy when B calls me Kristy Erickson Carpenter - even though he usually says it when I'm being stubborn & won't listen to him. It doesn't get me to listen, but it sure makes me smile.

I'm so thankful I have my sister Kacee - she's stepped up & taken over the role of mom, sister, maid of honor, & wedding planner. She's amazing!

I need to work on my honesty with people. I lie way too much. Sure, they're small white lies. But they do pile up.

Sometimes I want to B*#&$-slap someone just to say that I have. 

Too much caffeine makes me feel like I'm on the verge of crying. Sadly so does PMS. Mix those two? You've got me today...

I read my friend's blog today & it made me want to be a better person. Especially when it comes to my spirituality. I have A LOT to work on.

I was so proud of myself today - I didn't order a slice of cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory when we went there for lunch.

Confession: on the way home last night I stopped at McDonald's and got a 10-piece chicken nuggets. I accompanied them with a symphony bar (a big one) & a Reese's Christmas tree. Needless to say I felt sick this morning. And it explains the no cheesecake at lunch.

I wish people would stop asking me about the small details of my wedding (e.g. what music will you be dancing to?). I'm still planning the big stuff - so back off people!

Remember how this summer there was a lot of drama in my life? Well...I'm sad to say I kind of miss it. But at the same time I don't. I guess what I actually miss is writing fun cryptic blog posts to/about random guys. 

I hate these new ads on facebook. It keeps saying that I've won. I just want to yell "SHUT UP!!" Instead I just closed facebook.

I have 73 days until I'm married. Is it pathetic that I know that? Yes. Do I care? No. Will I make it? Man I hope so! It seems forever away though. 

I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday. It helps that I only have one person to buy for. But still...it's DONE!

What do I want for Christmas? B keeps asking me. I have no idea.

I'm sure I've bored anyone who actually took the time to read this post.

Maybe I'll do some actual work for the last hour I'm here. :)

Bye!

2 comments:

Katie said...

1. We are pms/caffeine buddies.
2. It's 11:37 and I just finished a meal from McDonalds... real proud of not getting Diet Coke
3. Thank you again for your text today.

Shannon said...

I didn't realize you wrote this yesterday until just now. This post cracks me up. I love random posts!