Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wifely Instincts

So you know how yesterday I mentioned that Brant was sick (that's if anyone actually read that super random post)? Well I'm a little bitter about it.

That sounds wierd. Let me explain...

I'm not bitter that he's sick. I'm bitter that I'm not the one taking care of him. His mom & dad are the ones taking care of him. The most I have done is text him throughout the day to see how he's doing & then I go down to his house for a couple of hours to watch TV/a movie with him. And he won't let me do anything for him other than maybe give him a back or a foot massage. Ugh!

In the mean time, his mom is there to try to get him to eat food, personally go in and check on him every so often, wait on him hand and foot & get him anything he wants. That may not sound so great to a lot of you... but it's what I like to do for those I love when they are sick (I'm going to be such a great mom! I'm going to baby those kids when they are sick and they will love me forever for it!) And I don't know if his mom is actually babying him like I would be. But it makes me feel better (or worse?) to think that she is.

Anyway... these "wifely instincts", as I'm calling them, really kicked in today when April (Brant's mom) text me saying they were going to take him into the ER (thanks to every doctor's office in Davis County being closed due to power outages from this 70 MPH wind). But then she mentioned how they didn't have a {working} car so she wasn't sure how they were going to make it happen. Obviously I jumped on that grenade and said I could come home during lunch and take them. Yay! A way I could fulfill my wifely duties (ok...so I'm not his wife yet, but that's just semantics).

Well...I just got a text from Brant saying how I didn't need to come by at lunch anymore because his dad (grrrr) is going to take him (he got back early from work I guess...). UGH! Really?!?! All I want is to be able to help him out when he's not feeling well & to take care of my baby. But I keep getting thwarted at every turn.

I know some day I might do anything I can to get out of having to take care of a sick husband and/or child. But for now? I'm going to be bitter that I can't.

No comments: