Yes folks, that's right. I've hit the 200th post landmark in my blogging journey. Sure, some of you may be thinking "only 200? I'm on post 9,672. 200 is pathetic." But I don't care. It's still my landmark, so I'm going to celebrate it :). So to celebrate, I'm going to list out 200 amazing facts about myself
HAHA JUST KIDDING!! Talk about a LONG & BORING post!
In all reality, I wanted my 200th post to be something special. But honestly, I just want to write a blog post right now and the only thing I can think of is how different this Christmas is for me. So...I'm giving up the idea of an epic 200th post and writing about what is on my mind. So here you go...
I don't know what it is, but it seems that each year the Christmas season seems less like Christmas than the year before. And this year is no different. Seriously. I can't put my finger on why I don't feel like it's Christmas (IN 4 DAYS!). I feel like I should go around everywhere singing the Faith Hill song "Where Are You Christmas?" because it kind of is exactly how I feel. Minus the ending when she realizes that Christmas has always been there & the world is right again because she feels the spirit of Christmas in her life. I'm still waiting for that.
~ Maybe it's my lack of desire to listen to Christmas music (which is a novelty for me). Honestly, when a Christmas song comes on the radio, I cringe & change the station. Except if it's Justin Bieber Mistletoe. LOVE THAT SONG!
~ Maybe it's because we celebrated Christmas in July so I don't really have any Christmas gifts to buy (only the 1 for Brant & that was purchased on Black Friday).
~ Maybe it's because my parents are a million miles away and the thought that I'm going to wake up to an empty house on Christmas Day makes me cry so I don't think about it. EVER. Except for now...and yes...I'm starting to cry.
~ Maybe it's because I have A MILLION other things on my mind besides Christmas. (Mainly surrounding my wedding and trying to get that all planned, while working overtime trying to finish charitable organization tax returns before the real busy season starts.)
~ Maybe it's because I don't have little kids around me all excited about what Santa is going to bring them.
~ Maybe it's because there is NO snow anywhere in the state of Utah. OK...that's probably an exaggeration. I'm sure there is snow some places in Utah. But not much. And not anywhere I am.
~ Maybe it's because I no longer get a long break for Christmas. One where I get to leave my current place of residence behind & come home for the holidays. Now I just stay where I am. Talk about boring.
Whatever the reason may be...I just don't feel like it's Christmas. I have no Christmas cheer. It seems like just another week this week. It seems like this weekend is just another weekend. Except it's a long one (yay!!). But who knows. Maybe my life will end up like that Faith Hill song & I will be reacquainted with Christmas at the last moment & this will end up being one of the best Christmases so far in my life.
Here's hoping!
No comments:
Post a Comment