Tuesday, December 6, 2011

He Gets Me

This morning at 7am, not knowing if Brant was awake or not, I sent him the following text message:

"If the person you look up to the most in your life told you he didn't think we were a good match, would you still love me and want to marry me?"

You see, I had just had a horrible dream. I dreamt that Brant & I had been arguing and I left to go out of town with some friends right after. I called him that night to make sure things were good between us, but he told me that he wasn't doing very well. He said how someone (I never found out who it was) told him we weren't a good match and that it made him re-think getting married to me. Obviously I started crying & freaking out - the man I love was breaking up with me - over the phone no less! He wouldn't say much else, no matter how much I pressed him for more answers. It was terrible! Needless to say, I woke up crying and feeling like my real life was crashing down as well.

Side-note: my dreams have a tendency of being very realistic & messing with my head. They stick with me for a long time. It's hard for me to shake the feelings I get from certain dreams. This is one that I know will stick with me for a while.

The only good thing that came from this dream is when I explained why I asked that question, Brant didn't laugh and say how silly I am for letting a dream upset me that much. He just said "No chance of me leaving you, girl. I love you Kristy Carpenter."

Yep! Brant gets me. Just one more reason I love him.

No comments: