Needless to say, Brant was worried about me. Who did he marry? Seriously! I was a crazy woman! He tried everything to make me feel better, but nothing worked. All he could do was hold me while I cried on his shoulder. And take me to get Orange Leaf. And watch Beastly with me.
Sunday was a little better as I got to talk to my mom. Why is it that just telling your mom that something is wrong and that you're having a horrible time makes you feel better? Almost instantly. It's not like my mom was able to do anything for me from Sweden (other than pray for me - which IS a BIG help). But whatever the reason, soon after I got off Skype with my parents I started to feel better.
But I still knew I wasn't completely myself. Somehow in the past month I had lost KRISTY. I had been turned into Zombie Kristy and I needed to find the real me again. So after much persuading (yeah right) I convinced Brant to skip work with me on Monday. The original plan was to go camping Sunday night. But when Kacee text me to see if she could come over to see me, I opted for door #2. I hadn't seen my sister since the wedding and knew it'd be good for me to see her. So Brant & I made cookies and hung out with Kacee and her two kids.
On Monday, Brant & I called our bosses and told them we wouldn't be making it in that day. Then we had one of the most wonderful sick days EVER!
We gathered up our wedding money and headed out to find camping gear. We found me an AWESOME backpack at a steal of a price ($100 off suggested retail value). Brant is a bit jealous of how amazing my pack is and I think I might have to keep it under close watch or he's going to steal it from me. But he did keep saying "this is definitely a GIRL'S pack...it has so many organizing things!" Plus it has a little mirror. Even when we're camping, we have to look good.
Then we headed to Kirkham's. We found sleeping bags that we love (they zip together) & a double wide sleeping pad. Though we found them at Kirkham's first, we looked on Amazon & found them for a whole lot cheaper (we saved about $150)!! They should arrive either this weekend or beginning of next week! Guess we'll have to go camping soon :)
Then we rushed back home to get ready for the main event. Brant took me on a great hike up Adam's canyon in Kaysville to this beautiful waterfall! It was a 3.6 mile hike and took us about 2.5 hours. It was the first time I wore my new hiking boots and they worked great! I didn't have to worry about my feet getting wet when we were trudging through the snow or crossing the icy river. I think I did pretty good on the hike despite the fact that I'm very out of shape and need to do a lot more small hikes and working out at the gym before we do any major backpacking. I only complained once on the whole hike! It was a bit cold at times, but for the most part we didn't even wear our jackets. The coldest part was standing by the waterfall. The wind was super strong & blowing the mist from the waterfall right at us. But it was so pretty up there it was worth standing in the freezing cold for a little while.
Our day didn't end with the hike - despite the ache in my legs and butt. We weren't home long before we gathered up wedding gifts we wanted to return to Target and all our gift cards and we headed out for some MORE shopping! After a slight panic attack (on my part) at the thought of how much money we were about to spend, we came away with these beauties:
That's right. We got both an XBox Kinect AND a surround sound system (complete with Blue Ray player). Like I said...slight panic attack. Oh, and I got Just Dance 3 for the Kinect. Brant even said he'd play it with me! I can't wait to see him dancing :). Too funny!
Although I may have not been sick with a stomach bug or cold, I was in desperate need of this sick day. I'm so grateful that Brant would take the day off with me and help me regain the real me again. Though I'm back at work today and not really getting much done (hence the blogging), I am OK with it. I'm not stressed like I was last week. I'm happy today. I feel like ME. And I'm counting down the time until I get to go home to Brant and set up our new toy. I've re-learned that I have a life outside of work and I'm going to take full advantage of that life.
Sometimes I really love being "sick"


1 comment:
Don't you LOVE gift cards? You're welcome. ;)
Post a Comment