Well I did! I'm very excited about this new adventure. But I'm also a little scared. It is something pretty different than what I've been doing and it means I have a whole lot more responsibility.
Starting April 23 I am going to be the new controller of Lawn Butler. It's a landscaping and construction company located in Centerville.
So that means...
No more taxes
No more 30 min + commute everyday
No more feeling like I'm at the bottom of the totem pole
Instead it means...
12 min commute
Helping a company grow & expand their business
Being responsible for the majority of the
financial aspects of the company
The possibility of being CFO (Chief Financial Officer)
of the company in 3 years
Yeah...I'm pretty excited about this new job. However, as much as I complain about my current job, I really do love the people I work with. It's going to be very hard to say goodbye to them all. I haven't loved the work, but I've loved Lake, Hill & Myers. It was pretty sad telling the partners and manager that I've decided to leave. I wish I could take them all with me. But the people I'm going to be working with seem very great as well. I'm sure I'll grow to love them just as much as I have the people here.
So...10 more days of taxes (so Brant tells me). I can do it, right?!?!
2 comments:
10 more days of taxes, then a trip to see me! Then a new job. Yay! Isn't life grand?
Kristy! I'm so excited for you. This will be an awesome opportunity :). I love you. Stay strong, girlie. You can do hard things. And when you're down just turn on the Biebs. He makes everything better (except for when he's ripping of N'Sync). Love ya!
Post a Comment