So Brant and I have been busy the past 4 months. (Can you believe it's already been 4 months!!! I sure can't!)
To celebrate the end of tax season, Brant & I headed down to Zion National Park for a little R&R. We first stopped off in St. George and stayed with my friend Whitney Harris. I didn't get any pics with her, but we had a great time with her & her family.
In Zion, we took it pretty easy and just did one hike - Hidden Canyon. Before leaving, I purchased new hiking sandals (Chaco's). I was super excited about them, but learned quickly the benefit of breaking in hiking shoes/sandals. About 1/3 way through the hike my feet started hurting and I had blisters. So Brant & I did the majority of the hike barefoot. I had a good reason to, but Brant just thought it was fun. We had such a great time in Zion and it was just what I needed after a stressful busy season.
For Memorial Day, Brant's family scheduled family pictures on Saturday morning. On our way down to Provo for the pictures, Brant and I decided to do a spontaneous trip up to my family cabin in Island Park, ID. Well, pictures took a LOT longer than we expected and we didn't get home until 6:30 pm! But we decided to throw caution to the wind and quickly packed a bag and the car and started the 4.5 hour drive. We got there just in time for it to start snowing (ugh!). We quickly turned on the heat and jumped in to bed. The next day we headed in to Yellowstone. On Monday we hung out in West Yellowstone and ate at my family's favorite pizza place.
Needless to say, it's been a fun 4 months! But I'm very excited for summer and all the fun new adventures we're going to go on.
1 comment:
You don't break in chacos...they break in your feet. Just saying ;)
Post a Comment