Monday, July 14, 2008

My Addictions

This weekend I realized that I have three new addictions to add to the ever increasing list. These are not your typical addictions, and when I tell you about them you might just think that I'm ridiculous (which quite frankly I probably am). But since when do I care if people think I'm ridiculous? So here you are...my three new addictions:

1. I realized this first addiction as I was sitting at Arrojo studios on Saturday. It had almost been three months since I had last gotten my hair cut and I was WAY past the "trim" phase. So I decided to do something new...shocker! That's when it hit me. I am totally addicted to cutting my hair. And not just cutting my hair but shocking people when I come home or go to work and church with a whole new hairdo. I seriously love to see people's reaction to my newest hair style. I don't know what it is. But I love surprising people (that is the reason why there is not a picture of my new hair cut to go with this little blurb....I'm waiting so I can see Kacee's reaction next week when she picks me up at the airport- don't worry...pictures will shortly follow my trip home). And the crazy thing is...as I was getting my hair cut I wasn't thinking "I think next time I come I'll just keep this same style" (even though I absolutely LOVE my hair), I was thinking "what will I do next time with my hair?" See...I'm addicted!

2. Go back to the time when you were about 12. What games did you play with your girlfriends at sleepovers? MASH, fortune, the name game (where you match up your name with the boy you like to see if you're a match made in Heaven), others? Well apparently my friends and I have not grown out of the 12-year-old girl phases of our lives. A few months ago some friends and I were sitting around talking when we began the fun old game of Marry, Date, Kill (yes we changed the name to be a little more Mormon friendly). Now if you haven't heard of this game it is where you choose 3 things (usually guys but we have taken this game to new extremes where we include professions, hobbies, and other non-human objects) and you have to decide who/what you would marry, who/what you would date, and who/what you would kill. I know it doesn't sound like this would be something that you could get addicted to...but I totally am. I find myself walking down the street thinking up men/things to M/D/K. For example...the other day I walked by a corner that just smelled NASTY (which unfortunately is a frequent occurrence in NYC), then some jerk blew cigarette smoke in my face (another joy of NY), and of course there was a pile of dog poo on the corner as well (gag). That's when I thought "of those three things what would I M/D/K?" But this is not when I realized that I was addicted...it was last night when Jo and I were over at Stacy, Kara, and Candice's apartment and we just had to play one round of MDK about three of the boys in the group (secretly and in code of course because like I said we're 12). But in my defense this game does provide many hours of entertainment when you are in a group of friends and no one has any suggestions of what to do.

3. This last addiction I'm sure most (if not all) of you have experienced. I am totally addicted to blogging. Now you might be thinking..."Kristy, you couldn't possibly be addicted to blogging. It's not like you do it everyday." But I have to confess that a day doesn't go by when I don't think of at least 2 different posts that I could write. Most of the time I refrain from actually making those posts because I figure that people don't want to hear my random thoughts that often :). But I will be walking down the street thinking about something that happened during the day, something that I wish would happen, or just thinking about really nothing (when I'm not thinking up M/D/K's) when I find myself composing a blog post about that subject in my head. And I must say...sometimes I'm a pretty good writer in my head. Haha! But it's not just my blog that I'm addicted to. A day doesn't go by without me checking my friends' blogs for their newest posts (ok...I might miss a day or two now and again...but I'm pretty constant). I thought that my blogging phase would die out pretty quick...but I'm learning that this is something that is going to stick around for some time. Plus it gives me some form of entertainment when, like today, I really just don't want to work.

So there you go...the three things that have I realized I am addicted to.

PS - M/D/K: blogs, facebook, or flickr?

6 comments:

lauren said...

can't wait to see the new do.

Kimba said...

I absolutely LOVE to get my hair cut, especially super short. I'm in a phase of trying to grow it out, but half the time I dream of chopping it off. It's only for fear of the dreaded pregnancy face bloat that I keep growing it, otherwise I'd look like some sort of mushroom. I can't wait to see your new hair!

Also, totally addicted to blogging / checking blogs. It's a sickness that I love. :)

ms-mclaws said...

Love this. First of all, hair cutting = fabulous. Second of all, I distinctly remember playing MASH w/you on the bus in Europe. And third, blogging has taken over my thoughts! Anytime something remotely out of the ordinary happens to me I think "can this be blogged?!?"

ms-mclaws said...

so... where is this picture of your haircut you promised to post??? :)

ms-mclaws said...

OK third comment for the entry. I am creepy. But I am just iniforming you that you were TAGGED!! (see my latest entry)

Kacee said...

You are so funny Kris. I have never played that game but now I am excited to play on our way to the cabin! See you tomorrow!!