Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tag-Team Back Again

Before I begin my actual post...here are the promised picture of my new haircut. Enjoy!


The other day I was taking a shower thinking..."man it's been a while since a new tag for blogs has come my way. Low and behold...a few days later Camille informs me that she has tagged me.

Here are the rules:

1. You link back to the person who tagged you
2. Post these rules on your blog
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your entry
5. Let the tagged people know by leaving a comment on their blogs
6. Enjoy the results!

ONE: I love music. My favorite is to find stuff that no one has heard of really because then I know that it won't get overplayed like so many songs do. And I like to feel like I'm cool when I tell people about new music that is out there. And another plus to liking less popular music is that when they come in concert the tickets don't cost hundreds of dollars. For example, Thursday night I went to a great concert - Missy Higgins and Eric Hutchinson. Both are great singers and I LOVE their music. And the tickets only cost $25!!! You can't beat that.

TWO: I used to hate reading, but now I'm totally obsessed. For some reason all throughout junior high and high school I detes
ted reading. I didn't read an entire book my whole high school education (thanks to sparknotes.com I got an "A" in my AP Lit class). But after I graduated from BHS, I became obsessed with reading.

THREE: I have a recurring dream that started when I was 10 years old. I'm outside and I see a bear and it starts chasing me. After I run into an enclosed space that I can't escape from, with the bear still chasing me, I notice Dad laughing at me. There is an explanation for this dream...I just don't want to go into it right now so I'll leave it for your imagination for now.

FOUR: I get panic atta
cks if I ever feel like I'm going to be late. All you have to do is ask Mom about this and you will have no doubts left that I do not handle being late well. I've gotten a little better as I've grown up...but I still show up to everything at least 10 minutes early (or an hour early if it's something like a flight).

FIVE: I always read the last few pages of a book before I get to the end. If I'm being good, I get at least half-way through before succumbing to the temptation to find out how the books end, but I usually don't even reach the half-way mark. Many people believe that I am ruining the best part of reading - the suspense of knowing if things will work out in the end. And all I can say is that it doesn't ruin anything for me. If anything it helps me to enjoy the book better. I'm weird I know.

SIX: In the 11 months that I have lived in NYC, I have gone to 23 Broadway/off-Broadway shows (19 different shows...I've seen a few twice). I have seen some amazing shows and if you were to ask me my favorite I don't know if I could tell you. Of course Wicked is amazing, but so are so many others that I've seen. Surprisingly enough, there are plenty of other shows that I still need to see.

I hope you've enjoyed learning a little more about me and that I didn't bore you too much. To carry on this fun post...I am going to tag Jo, Kacee, Whitney, Liz, Tanner, and Katie Shelley.

9 comments:

lauren said...

love LOVE the new do. what are your thoughts on breaking dawn? i read it saturday but nobody's finished with it yet, so i have no one to chat with about it.

Tara said...

I really love your hair!!! So stylish! So, Jon and I just moved here to Manhattan too on Monday! We need your advice on the best shows to go to. Especially if they are budget-friendly!!! Is there such a thing here in NYC?

alison said...

First of all...you should definately get an award for having the cutest haircuts/styles ever!--so darling. Second of all, it was fun to read more about you on your tag. You being early to things reminded me of those very cold, frigid mornings at 5:45am when you'd pick me up for drill team practice. You were never late! I can attest to that!!!

Shannon said...

I'm going to copy everyone else and say that I LOVE your hair! So stinking cute!

ms-mclaws said...

AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cute hair!!! Love it love it love it. You are my hero for being so brave w/your cuts. And I'm glad you finally did the tagging :)

Courtnie said...

Love your haircut! I don't think I could ever pull off something that short, not even mentioning having the guts to do it! Very cute! PS: Interested in how the bear chasing dream ends. . .

Brit Bennion said...

I love your haircut! It makes me want to chop mine off!

John and Rachael Alexander said...

I love your hair! You look gorgeous in that picture!

Kimba said...

LOVE your hair! Seriously, I love it. And I'm so jealous, one of these days I'm going to get to New York!