Tuesday, September 22, 2009

And the confusion never stops...

I feel like a broken record lately. It seems the only thing I can talk/think about is what I'm going to do with my life. I know I need a change, but am I ready for such a drastic change as the one I have semi-planned?

As I'm sitting at work putting together my professional development plan for the upcoming year, all I can think of is that I don't really have any goals. I don't know where I want to be, what I want to do, or how I'm going to do that mysterious "something". In other words...I HAVE NO PLAN!!!

If you know me then you also know that this is not like me. I'm a 'plan' type of girl. Sure I enjoy the spontaneous road trip, but when it comes to life plans - I've pretty much always had one in place...except for now.

You know in The Incredibles how the mom can be stretched all four ways? Well that's how I kind of feel right now. My heart and head (and a multitude of friends and family) are pulling me in so many directions the only solution I can come up with is to curl up in my bed with a good book and not show myself until my life has been figured out for me. Wouldn't that be nice? I wish someone would just tell me "Kristy, the best thing for you to do right now is ___________."

P.S. Feel free to fill in the blank as a response to this post ;)

5 comments:

Cameron and Rachel Bott said...

I know the feeling. I felt that way many times.

"Kristy, the best thing for you to do right now is--hang in there". It will come to you. Some days may feel worse than others, others you may feel like you have it all figured out. I hope you start feeling better soon

Kimba said...

...close your eyes, point to a map, and head there."

Just kidding. :) Wouldn't that be fun, though?!

It'll come! I felt like that for over a year while trying to decide to marry Caleb, and it SUCKED. Just keep praying. You'll figure it out.

kimmy girl said...

all i know is that leaving the city was the best thing when i was ready. if its time, dont hesitate! you are not quiting, or selling out. you are just living!!! ive NEVER been happier!!!

Shannon said...

Kristy, the best thing for you to do right now is...just come back to Utah. :) You could come live with me! My roommate and I still have an empty room at our place in Pleasant Grove! :) Hang in there!

Katie said...

Kristy! So...maybe I found your blog link on Abby's blog, and it made me really happy, because I really had no idea what was going on in your life. Hopefully you don't mind me catching up :)

And grr, I hate that not knowing what to do with your life feeling. It's so blegh. Good luck figuring it out.

PS if you want to see my blog, send me your email.