Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend in West Chester, PA

This weekend was AMAZING!!!! Seriously!

As I stepped off the train at Paoli, PA, I almost cried when I heard a voice say "Hey!" This is the longest time Jo and I have been apart from each other so it was so great to see her!!! That night we just went back to her house, put on our pj's, chatted and watched some TV - just like the good old days. We didn't stay up too late (just a little late) since we knew we had a busy day ahead of us.

The next day was sort of a marathon.

After breakfast Jo and I went to an orchard and picked some apples. We just had to make a stop at the little farmer's market at the orchard and pick up some apple cider doughnuts and apple coffee cake (both VERY delicious). After we filled our 1/2 peck bag full of apples, we headed back to her place to bake an apple pie. Can you think of a yummier way to use the apples we picked? I think not! It turned out great (even though we weren't able to eat any of it until Sunday).

After the pie was in the oven and Pat and Harvey (Jo's parents) assured us they would take it out when the timer rang, Jo and I headed to the movie theater to see Fame. Music. Dance. Drama. That's my cup of tea. It was a great movie although I wish there had been a little more dancing in it.

By the time the movie was over, Jo and I were fairly hungry so we searched for a Wawa on our way to our next event. Wawa's are everywhere in PA. They are basically a convenience store, but they have delicious hoagies. We ate our dinner in the car in the parking lot of the Wawa.

Then we headed to the Tower Theater for the Snow Patrol & Plain White T's concert! Our seats were on the 7th row so we had an AMAZING view. The Plain White T's opened the concert and did not disappoint. They put on quite a good show. If you are not familiar with the Plain White T's other than their 2 songs (Hey There Deliliah and 1, 2, 3, 4) then you should get to know their other music as well. I like it. Plus the guitar player/back up singer Tim Lopez is H.O.T.T!!!!!! Seriously he's beautiful! (evidence of his beauty in the picture to the right)

And then the main event: SNOW PATROL!! I was proud of myself for not shedding any tears during the concert. Even when Gary Lightbody walked off the stage and up the center aisle. You see...I was on the left aisle. So I was not one of the lucky few who got to touch him! (If you haven't guessed by now, yes...I'm one of THOSE fans). But I held in my disappointment and cheered and smiled. I danced, sang, screamed and laughed for the ENTIRE show. Honestly, it was one of the BEST concerts I've been to - and not just because I want to marry Gary, but because they are seriously good live.

During their song "Shut Your Eyes" Gary had the audience battle out the ending with "shut your eyes and sing to me". After the first round, Gary mentioned that we was impressed w/ PA. He said that in Glasgow, when one side would sing, the other side would boo. He said he liked us better than the Scots (which was funny because the lead guitarist is from Scotland). Well...you can probably guess what happened next. When the right side was singing "shut your eyes and come to me", the left side (my side) booed. Gary thought this was really funny and dropped his guitar and fell to the ground laughing. Once he regained his composure he had us try it again, but begged us not to boo. It was one of the many great moments of the concert.

I could go on forever about all the different amazing aspect of the concert...but I won't. But I do want to mention just a few other great moments of the night:
- 3 middle aged women being the only people in the audience standing up and dancing during the Plain White T's
- Cute dad and daughter in front of us. The dad was an avid fan like me so we talked quite a bit. But the cute part was how he was with his teenage daughter. They were just adorable together.
- Jo leaning over to me and saying that she's never seen me that excited/happy
- Really cool lighting and graphics in the background
- Losing my voice from singing and screaming so loudly
- Jo telling me that I could no longer exclaim "I love this song" since I would be saying it to EVERY song they played

But the very best thing about the weekend: I got to see my most favorite band ever with my most favorite person ever!

PS - Sorry for crappy pictures. I forgot my camera so I had to use my blackberry :'(

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Looks awesome! Glad you were able to go see Jo. I think the apple picking looks fun. I am needing some apples to dry right now and might have to go to fruit heights to get a bushel and a peck...What musical is that from? Was it Guys and Dolls?

Cameron and Rachel Bott said...

My sister Sarah lives around West Chester PA. I love it back there. Always guaranteed to have a blast. So pretty too this time of year. I am glad to hear you are able to play a little bit between work. Hope to see you soon.