Monday, November 16, 2009

Did you see that?

Do you ever have those moments when you think to yourself "did I really just see that?" Well, I've been having them more frequently lately. Maybe it's because I'm noticing more things around me - trying to take in all of NY before I leave. Or maybe there are just more crazy people in the world than there used to be. Whatever the reason may be, each time I have one of those "what the heck" moments I tell myself I should write it down. So here I am. Writing down some of my "that did not just happen" moments in NYC:

Man jogging down the street in shiny
leopard cami and booty shorts
(i think he had shorts on)

Chinese man wearing a light blue sailor
dress (super short) complete with
white tights


Bearded woman on the corner of
42nd and Madison

Homeless man standing on the corner
with his pants unzipped and bearing
his . . . never mind

Man jogging in a black mesh unitard
and black thong (yes - it was the same
man who wore the leopard cami)


Old man on the subway asking a
pregnant woman if she would like a
seat, then gesturing to the floor
saying "well then sit"

Seeing into neighbors' apartments
(and our Friends all thought the fat
ugly naked guy was bad - I'VE
SEEN WORSE!)


There have been plenty more of these precious moments that I've experienced while living in this city. These just happen to be the most memorable ones. Just a few more reasons why there is no other place like NYC!

1 comment:

Jon and Michelle said...

So sorry I never left my email address to see your blog and it shows that I haven't been blog stocking lately...but what can I say I am busy... doing what you ask??? Who the heck knows! I am sad you are leaving NYC because of all these moments that are so funny it made me laugh out loud, but life goes on and be glad you had this awesome experience. I will email you when I am in UTAH and we will see each other, hopefully:) Good luck with the move!