Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Grumpy


"When your friends have great news you're happy for them for like a millisecond and then you start thinking about yourself." - Ted Mosby (How I Met Your Mother)

The title of this post and that quote might at first not go together but let me explain.

I'm having one of those days where I definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I'm wondering why I even bothered to get out of bed actually. I really should have just crawled back in, turned off the lights, and called in sick. I'm not getting any work done anyways...obviously.

But why am I so grumpy? Well, I'm not sure. But my grumpiness is making it harder to be happy for my friends who have good things going for them. Reading through blogs and browsing facebook today, I have been thrown into the happy lives of my friends - darling kids, new relationships, fun trips with friends, etc. And like that quote above says - I'm happy for them for like a millisecond and then I think about myself and realize that I don't have any of that going on and that my life is pretty crap right now.

Sure, from the outside my life isn't really that crap, but today it feels like it. It's just one of those days. I feel friendless, boyfriendless, and fat. So I'm going to be grumpy about all the good things going on in my friends' lives today. I'm going to throw a pity party for myself later complete with cookies and chocolate. Then I'll just have another thing to be grumpy about (being fatter). Oh well - I'll deal with that later.

So, if anyone out there is also having a crap day and needs to have a pity party, you are welcome to come over to my house tonight and be miserable with me. However, I hope everyone is having a better day than me (well...kind of...j/k! Haha!)

3 comments:

Melissa Ortolani Purser said...

KRISTY!! This sums up the last few days for me, no joke. I have been feeling the exact same way. Ugh. I hate it, but I dont know how to get out of this funk. :S

Jocelyn Pehrson said...

I bet the posts you are reading are ones where the people aren't posting the bad stuff in their lives. I garauntee you they have their crap days too. On the outside their lives look great, happy and perfect, right? I am just saying; whether we do or don't have jobs, boyfriends, husbands, kids, extra weight, friends etc, we all have things that make us feel bad for ourselves...and the thing keeping you miserable is dwelling on it. Well, atleast that's what keeps me miserable. What was it Pres Hinckley's father wrote to him when Hinckley was thinking of coming home from his mission? "Forget yourself and go to work." I hope you get out of your funk soon, it makes me sad to read that you feel so bad, because I think you are a great person.

Katherine said...

I'm so sorry love. I definitely sympathize and relate. If you want to talk, I'm here for you. Love you a lot!!