You know that ride at Lagoon - the Tidal Wave? I love that ride. For those who aren't familiar with it, it's a pirate ship that moves back and forth. So half the time you're going backwards and the other half you're moving forward. It might not sound like such a fun ride, but trust me it is. It gives your stomach that funny feeling that is so thrilling. Plus, when each end of the ship goes up, the riders on that side yell and throw their hands in the air.
Well...that's how my life has been the past 24 hours - except for the fun aspect. I jumped on this ride knowing that it wasn't going to be the best experience, but I didn't comprehend the emotional Tidal Wave I was putting myself on. Just right when I think all is right in the world, I get jerked backwards and my life is starting to flip upside down. Instead of cheers and yells at the top, there are tears. I don't see how things will work out and I lose it. After I calm down a bit, I begin to re-adjust my thinking and starting to plan things out. But just I'm coming to terms with things, BAM! I start going forward again.
I am thrown back into the situation I was in before getting pulled backwards. At the bottom there aren't yells (or tears) from me, more of a sigh of relief. Things are back to how I had originally planned, so all is right. I begin to thank the Lord for this new/old situation. But again, as soon as I get comfortable with that, I get thrown backwards.
Even though the Tidal Wave is a very fun ride, by the end I'm always ready to get off. After the thrill goes away, the nausea sets in. There's only so much going back and forth your stomach can handle before revolting. Well...I've gone through this emotional Tidal Wave about a half dozen times now and I can tell you I'M READY TO GET OFF THIS RIDE! Like my stomach, there is only so much my emotions can handle before revolting.
Right now I'm sitting at the bottom of the ride - back to the beginning so to speak. If I get pulled back another time, I might just throw up (emotionally speaking). And like it or not, whether I end up at the top of the ride or the bottom, I'm getting off. Let's just hope & pray I won't be jumping into that nasty lake water that surrounds the ship.
1 comment:
That pirate ride always makes me sick. So I just don't even get on it in the first place. huh...another metaphor?
Oh and my word verification was piretes..coincidence?
Post a Comment