It's 1:45 am and I'm awake. Sad thing was, I actually fell asleep 2 hours ago - for like 10 min but still. Then I was awake just thinking.
This isn't a new phenomenon for me. I lie awake most nights thinking. It usually takes me an hour or so to fall asleep due to this thinking, but tonight the thinking made me more awake than I was when I started thinking. Man I hate these nights.
I started thinking about my lack of dating and worrying that I will never get married. I started to get pretty down. Then I recalled what was said in a movie I watched earlier tonight - "If you want a relationship, here is how you get one: it's called a Stairmaster."
No - it's not the most uplifting quote. But it did put a fire under my butt.
So here I was - 12:00 am, wide awake, feeling down, and I remember (1) the movie quote & (2) speaker from Sunday who talked about goal setting. So what did I do? Well...it's pretty self explanatory. I followed the guy's advice (I don't remember his name...sorry) and wrote down goals to get myself in better shape. I'm not saying I'm doing this just to get a guy - that'd be lame. But I'm hoping that it won't hurt ;) hehe.
So here it is - my new goal: lose 30 pounds by April 30, 2011.
What I hope to achieve by reaching my goal (other than a smaller waistline):
(1) healthier lifestyle
(2) more self-esteem
I know the next 6 months are not going to be that easy - especially with the holidays and yummy food/sweets. But I'm going to do it. I'll keep you posted on my progress.
3 comments:
Go Kristy!!! I need to do the same.
You should tak Zumba classes...It's a very fun way to lose weight!!
30 day Shred anyone? Ha ha, that was such a fail...
I'm with you on the needing to get healthy. I can't seem to get control over my eating habits and my exercise-at least not consistently. I need a plan.
Post a Comment