Thursday, January 12, 2012

Date Night

Last night Brant & I decided we needed to break up our routine of watching a movie/TV show at night by going out and having some fun. After work, we headed down to Nickle Mania for some arcade excitement. We played skeeball. We shot some hoops (but we weren't very good). We chanced our luck at those "big ticket Jackpot" games (again...we weren't very good). We raced motorcycles (Brant BARELY beat me). I hunted some deer. We jumped over the virtual jump rope. And Brant even tried his hand at soccer.

Sure, we won some tickets. Nothing like some of the people who were walking around with armfuls of those little yellow things. But it was OK. We were having fun.

But then we stumbled onto The Twister! It was one of those aim your nickle at a certain thing to win tickets games. But this one paid out BIG! It was awesome! We were good at it! We spent a good majority of our time there once it was discovered. Why would we move onto something else when we were making out like bandits?

After turning in all our tickets, we had 1,500! Wow! That's pretty good. OK...sure...it wasn't a good as SOME people who probably had well over 5,000. But for us...two amateur arcaders...it was pretty stinkin' awesome!

But then came the hard part. It was time to decide what to get for all those tickets. What cheap toy that we don't really need or want should we get? Well...we ended up deciding on two potato guns & Jolly Ranchers :)

I guess I know what our next date night activity will be... can you say potato gun fight?!?! Heck yes!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love you two! I love going to the arcade on dates. Seriously, it's one of the best date nights ever. I can't wait until you're Kristy Carpenter. <3 ya xoxo!