Saturday, February 9, 2008

Harlem Nights and Greenwich Days

A wonderful thing about NY is that you can be in the same city but experience completely different things every day. Last night my friend, Sara, and I decided to have a new adventure and experience the night life of Harlem. And what else would you do on a Friday night in Harlem except eat soul food and be entertained by live jazz music. And can I say if there is anywhere outside of the South that knows how to do soul food it's Harlem. WOW! My honey deep fried chicken, mac and cheese, an buttered corn were amazing!! And one of the best parts was the amazing corn bread they brought out as we sat down. If only I could eat like that every day and not weigh 300 lbs.

So after an amazing dinner, Sara and I headed out to listen to some live jazz music. We stopped by the Apollo - just to check it out since it was closed and then it was off to Mo Bay's to listen to some live jazz. We had a few minutes to kill before the music was going to start so we decided we'd look into a couple of other places that supposedly had jazz music as well. However, the places we tried failed to come through, so back to Mo Bay's we went. Unfortunately, we were now a little late and there was no room for us. So we decided to end our Harlem night early and went back to Sara's place to watch Psych (man I love that show).

But as I was saying at the beginning, you can experience one thing one day and something completely different the next. Today I ventured down to Greenwich Village to get my hair cut. I'm sure many of you have heard about Nick Arrojo - the amazing hair stylist on What Not to Wear. Well, his studio is where I got my hair cut. I was a little early so I wondered around that area and I fell in love! It's such a fun area of the city! I saw some really cute restaurants I want to try...namely because of their name: Once Upon a Tart.

Anyway...I decided to do something a little drastic with my hair (which won't surprise any of you). I'm still trying to get used to it...but I love it. The Arrojo Salon is amazing! And they treated me like a queen - even though I did just go with the junior stylist. But I have to say that I got to see Nick!!! He was cutting some woman's hair right across from me so I got to see the master at work. Maybe one of these days after I marry someone filthy rich I'll be able to afford a hair cut from him ($500...yikes!!!).

Well...tonight I'm off to Bronxville to watch one a play my friend is in. Once again...gotta love NY and all the fun and crazy things I get to do here.

10 comments:

Kacee said...

Look what a hottie you are!! You seriously look so stinkin cute!! I absolutely love your hair and we sure miss you!!

Elder & Sister Erickson said...

Love the hair! Love the eyes! Love you! What a cute hair cut. Can hardly wait to see you!!!!

katie b. p. said...

HI! Your blog is so dang cute! I really like you with your new do. Let me know if it is okay if I add your blog link to my blog? I am so jealous of you in NY!

Emily said...

Wow! Cute hair, I love it, and I love What not to Wear and I love New York City. That is so cool.

Shannon said...

I love Nick Arrojo!!! I'm so jealous you got to see him! Someday I too will marry a rich man and have him cut my hair :) Yours is cute!

Kimba said...

I LOVE it. Kristy. Seriously. The color, the cut, I'm lovin' it. Just found your blog... :) Can't wait to hear more! I SOOO need to come out there, I've never been to New York.

Colby and Steph Stringham said...

LOVE the hair girl! i am so happy you found us on here! bloggin is a wonderful thing! haha So... I had no idea your dad was a bishop... yet alone my cousins bishop! I saw your cute parents at my cousins wedding last week, i love them! looks like you are having fun! stay in touch! love ya!

Tiffany said...

Hey, your hair is soo cute! I found your blog on your facebook page.

Julie said...

i know, can you believe it? I can't believe I'm old enough to be married and having a kid either. How are you and what are you up to these days?? btw you look great, your hair is way cute!

Unknown said...

you make me want to cut my hair! hawt!!! nick has his name engraved on his scissors...i think that pretty much sums up how awesome and hard core he is. it is always wonderful to hear from you. new york is treating you well, you look amazing!