Before I start getting really busy at work today I just wanted to quickly write about my morning. But a little background first: on Tuesday I woke up pretty sick with a fever and a nasty cough. My roommates were so great to me and one of them bought me some cough syrup that she said worked wonders for her when she was sick with the same thing (which was just last week). So I've been taking this cough syrup for the past couple of days. Well...if there is one thing that I have learned about myself over the past year it's that cold medicines do not sit well with me. I get pretty loopy. So I told myself yesterday that I wouldn't take any of the cough syrup last night so that I could actually be somewhat normal at work, but then I started having cough attacks and I caved in. Anyway - long story short...I'm totally out of it today. How I was able to make it to the work this morning is a miracle. Thank goodness for autopilot.
Well...as I was walking in the subway station I was feeling as if I were in a dream. I tried to make myself move faster to match the pace of all the other New Yorkers, but my body would not cooperate. I kind of felt like I was floating. And then I heard my favorite little blue grass band playing this fast paced song. All of a sudden there were a ton of people dressed all in black headed straight towards me moving rather quickly. So there I was - in a cough syrup induced state - slowly floating upstream in a sea of oncoming, fast paced New Yorkers - and don't forget that background music. It was just like a movie. I actually laughed out loud as I came upon this realization. I was still chuckling to myself as I floated into work and sat down at my computer. That is why I had to share this little story with you all.
I must apologize if this little story doesn't make any sense. Three days of being on cough syrup is really getting to me. My superiors at work will hopefully see how worthless I am today and send me home :). Hey - we can always dream!
2 comments:
I think it sounds a little creepy. You watch yourself!
Hi Kristy!!! I hope you feel better, we should all have the day off! Leap Day! It's an extra day! Let us spend it the way we want!!!
Totally should have called in sick today. :)
Post a Comment