Saturday, November 1, 2008

Here Comes the Sun

I'm so glad to finally be blogging about something that has made me very happy instead of depressed, frustrated, etc. This ray of "sun"shine came with the release of Snow Patrol's latest CD - A Hundred Million Suns. You may be asking yourself - "how can a CD release make someone so happy?" Well, if you don't know this already - I'm basically obsessed with Snow Patrol. I literally almost screamed when I heard their new song, Take Back the City on Gossip Girl the other week. I immediately got on iTunes to see if I had somehow missed the release of a new CD...but it wasn't there. So of course I went to SP's website and found out that it was going to be release in the States on Oct. 28. I was so looking forward to Tuesday that I even put a calendar reminder on my phone so that I would for sure not miss it! (I know I'm a dork - but that's why you love me!) And let me tell you - they did not disappoint me in the slightest. I've been listening to this CD non-stop for the past few days and I'm loving it more and more. Let me just share some of my favorite lines of a few of my favorite songs from this new CD...

From Set Down Your Glass: And I'm shaken then I'm still; When your eyes meet mine I lose simple skills; Like to tell you all I want is now.

From Take Back the City: Two weeks later like a surplus reprieve; I found a hair the length of yours on my sleeve; I wound it round and round my finger so tight; It turned to purple and a pulse formed inside...I said I knew the beat 'cause it matched your own beat; It's become my engine my own source of heat

I could seriously find amazing lyrics like this in basically every song on the CD. I'm totally obsessed! Thank you Snow Patrol for this ray of "Sun"shine in my life right now. My only complaint is that Snow Patrol is not coming on tour to US anytime in the near future. But you can bet that I will be one of the first to know when they do come.

No comments: