Thursday, January 13, 2011

7 Things to Do Before I'm 30

I'm guilty of watching a Lifetime Movie at work...RIGHT NOW! And, unlike most Lifetime Movies, it's NOT about a murderous husband, a cheating husband, an abusive parent, or a teenager who gets knocked up by her high school crush only to be left to raise the kid on her own. It's about a girl, living in NYC, 29, who quits her job & is forced to move back home to Colorado to live with her mom.

Sound familiar?

Well...besides living in Colorado, turning down a great guy's proposal, and having a gorgeous high school crush who is still in love with me. Oh - and being 29. But other than those things, I felt like I was watching my life. Sad, I know.

Well...what the movie is about and why I am posting: the girl finds a list of 7 things she wanted to do before turning 30. She wrote the list when she was quite young, so some things (e.g.: become a rock star) are more funny than achievable. But there are some good things on the list (e.g.: get a tattoo, go sky diving, tell the truth to her brother, forgive her mother, marry her high school crush, Danny & dance under the moon).

Well...in short, it got me thinking. What do I want to do before I'm 30? I mean, it's less than 3 years away. I should really think about it. Most people say you should have a 5-year plan, but I'd be 32 and that's just too far away. So I'm going with 30. But what do I want to do before I'm 30? I mean...I've done quite a lot already (see this post). But obviously I haven't done EVERYTHING I want to do. So here you have it. 7 things I want to do before I'm 30:

1- Get married (sadly, unlike the movie I don't have someone specific in mind)
2- Go to Africa
3- Start dancing again
4- Figure out what I really want to do for a job (it might be what I'm doing now...I just need to decide)
5- It's a secret ;)
6- Kiss in the rain
7- Pay off my car

There you have it. My list of 7 things I want to do before I turn 30...I better get to work! (both my actual work and on the list. haha!)

No comments: