Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Have Done Some Cool Stuff

I, like most people, can be pretty hard on myself. I often look at my life and complain about all I don't have or haven't done. But as I was reading my friend Katie's blog post about things she has accomplished in her life, I started thinking about all that I have done in mine. I must say that I've done some pretty cool things. So here is my list of great things I've done in the past 26 1/2 years (ok...we're not going back THAT far.)

1. Awarded Academic Allstate for Drill Team
2. Graduated in the top 10% of my high school class
3. Received multiple trophies for dance competitions - both group and solo
4. Won 1st place at the drill down competition at region
5. Got 1st place in every dance at region
6. Sang a solo as the Olympic torch came to my school for the 2002 Olympics
7. Struck out one of the top athletes in the 6th grade (when I was in 6th grade ps)
8. Got my Masters of Accountancy from one of the top schools in the nation
9. Did a study abroad in Europe where we visited 7 countries in 4 weeks
10. Did an internship in NYC at one of the largest accounting firms
11. Worked for that same accounting firm for 2 1/2 years in NYC
12. Received an early promotion
13. I have less than 10 places left on my "must visit" list
14. Lived in Costa Rica for 6 weeks while volunteering my time to work with kids
15. Bought a car all on my own
16. Bought a HOUSE all on my own
17. Made friends from all over the world
18. Ran a 5K
19. Learned how to snowboard
20. Learned how to wakeboard
21. Learned how to surf
22. Received an award for excellent work at PwC
23. Listed in the Who's Who of Collegiate Scholars
24. Was a vegetarian for 6 months (I REALLY like meat so this was a BIG accomplishment)
25. Got a tatoo
26. Went to some events for the World Cup in Germany in 2006 (I was in Berlin)
27. Ate escargot, oxtail, caviar, foie gras, and other scary foreign food
28. Saw a flamenco dance in Spain
29. Fed the birds at Trafalgar Square (like in Mary Poppins)
30. Been to over 50 Broadway shows (this includes plays I've seen multiple times)
31. Was hypnotized during half-time at a Utah Jazz game
32. Hiked Angel's Landing
33. Survived a bear encounter
34. Won multiple medals and ribbons for swimming and diving (when I was young)
35. All the countries I've been to: Mexico, Canada, Costa Rica, Germany, England, Switzerland, Austria, Spain, France, Czech Republic, Poland, and Belize (I think that's it. I might have missed one or two)
36. Learned what it means to have a broken heart
37. Gained a testimony of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father
38. Learned how to be a good friend, sister & daughter (and hopefully one day a wife & mother)
39. Read the Book of Mormon
40. Learned that I'm a daughter of a Heavenly Father who loves me

Wow! When I look at this list I realize how much I really have accomplished in my life so far! It's really cool to think back on all I've done. There are definitely still a lot of things I want to do before I leave this earth, but no one could ever say I didn't do anything with my life when I have a list like that!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Ya know... It's funny... While I was typing that post, I literally thought to myself, "Kristy should do a post like this. She has a really cool life." And then you did!! I love it! You reminded me of a couple drill ones I need to add too... I only won drill down once, sophomore year. But it felt awesome!

Okay this is a really long comment. The end.

Melissa Ortolani Purser said...

You go girl! haha. Thats a TON of stuff....I really dont have much on my list of things i've accomplished. I guess I better get going on that.

Cameron and Rachel Bott said...

Wow Kris, you are one accomplished Chicca! You should be very proud, and will have many more accomplishments. Where did you buy your new home, how exciting?

Unknown said...

I didn't know you had a tatoo or had a bear encounter! Crazy girl.