Saturday, March 8, 2008

Lots on My Mind


OK - this might be a very random and long post. So bare with me I've got a lot on my mind.

1. American Idol's Top 12
All I have to say is thank goodness Danny is off!! For once I think that America got the top 12 100% correct. That being said...I would like to share a little known fact that I have learned recently about one of my top 3 boys: Jason Castro. A few years back Jason dated a girl named Cheyenne who had her own MTV reality TV show. Luckily my roommate owns the first and only season of Cheyenne so I got to experience the joy of seeing Jason on this season. He was just as cute then and still as awkward. That's what makes him so lovable. If ever you want to watch a great television show I would recommend getting your hands on a copy of Cheyenne. Ha ha!

I would also like to give a shout out to my favorite American Idol: David Archuleta. He is such a cutie and has a special place in my heart. I hope he does really well in the competition. I will continue to vote for him each week along with Jason (second favorite) and David Cook (my number 3). Sorry girls, but I have been working late each Wednesday so I haven't been able to give you any votes. But keep up the good work. Sorry to say, but the girls have to step it up to make it in my book.

2. New favorite movie
Last night, I went and saw Penelope with my friend Joanna. It's such a great movie and I think that everyone should go and see it. It's just a feel good movie and totally clean! And James McAvoy is very good looking. If you haven't heard of Penelope, it's about a girl who is born with a pig face. She just needs to be accepted by one of her kind to get rid of the curse so her mom hires a matchmaker to find a pure-blood, high society guy to marry Penelope. Unfortunately they all run when they see her face - except one... So if you are in the mood to watch a movie that will make you both laugh and cry and where you feel really good afterward you should really go see Penelope.

3. Is it April 15 yet?
Work is getting pretty crazy now that we're getting closer to the tax deadline. Luckily this busy season hasn't been as bad as expected, but I'm still putting in plenty of long hours. It used to be easy for me to be going all day and night, but these past couple of days of working until midnight have been really difficult. I think I'm getting too old to stay up that late. This week has been pretty rough for me at work. So what am I doing on my Saturday night after working all day? Sitting at home with my computer writing on my blog while watching Juno (thanks to bootleg copies sold on the streets of NY). Sometimes I love the feeling of being at home alone and totally vegging out. I love to go out and have fun with my roommates and friends, but a "me" night was definitely needed after such a long week. I'm definitely ready for busy season to be over. Just a little over one month left! I can do it! And then Mikey and Grandma Page will be out to NY to visit and then my parents! I can't wait until April 16. That's when the party will begin. I just pray the next month goes by quickly.

4. Music, music, and more music
All day as I sit at my computer at work I listen to music. Thus, I am getting pretty sick of my music selection. So tonight as I have been sitting here blogging, I decided to go onto iTunes and see what was new in the music world. Umm...let's just say I should be banned from anything where all I have to do to get something is click a little button. It wasn't too long before it dawned on me that I had purchased a lot of music. As I looked at my purchase list I discovered just how much music I had downloaded - almost 60 songs!! Ahhh! But as my roommate pointed out to me, it's an investment which will make the remainder of busy season bearable. So I guess I shouldn't feel too guilty. But as I'm doing a lot of publicity tonight for my favorite things I might as well give some free publicity for my current favorites in the music industry:
*Missy Higgins, Secondhand Serenade, Jon McLaughlin, Joshua Radin, Matt Nathanson, Colbie Caillat, Holly Brook, Lifehouse, and of course Snow Patrol.
If you can't tell I'm kind of in a chill-out music phase right now. It's all music that is a good background for work and relaxing. So if you are at all interested in alternative music give these people a try. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I do.

5. Vegan is not for me
So a few weeks ago I decided to try to be a vegan. It didn't work so well. I don't know if I even made it one day without eating dairy. That is something that is way too hard to live without. Dairy and eggs are in everything. And when I eat out for lunch and dinner every day it makes my selection very limited. Plus, when I'm working late I have to eat chocolate to keep me sane. So that goal went out the window pretty quickly. But I have kept with a vegetarian diet. I have not had any meat since I wrote about my new way of life. And I have to say that I have been pretty proud of myself. And thank goodness there are a lot of New Yorkers who are vegetarian/vegan so that there are plenty of meat alternatives. Last night, Joanna and I went to a vegan tea house, Franchia, and had some amazing "chicken" satay. It tasted just like chicken - but it wasn't! So while I was not successful with my vegan way of life, my vegetarian way of life is going strong. And if ever you are in NY (hopefully visiting me) you need to try out Franchia and the many other vegan restaurants.

6.One day closer to the release of the Twilight movie!!!
My sister Kelli sent me a link to a trailer for the Twilight movie and I have to share it with you all. Let's just say it made me really excited for December. I don't know what it is about those books, but even the thought of them makes me all giddy inside. I can't imagine what the movie will do to me. But I think that you should all check it out. I wish I could find me an Edward Cullin. But unfortunately I don't think there are too many "vegetarian" vampires out there. Ha ha! But here's to hoping!


Well...I have a lot more on my mind, but I think I'll leave it for now.

3 comments:

nerak said...

I loved Penelope too! And although i was expecting Edward to be hotter, I am pretty pumped for Twilight!!

lauren said...

gotta love twilight. thanks for posting the preview. it looks pretty good.

Unknown said...

I LOVE TWILIGHT!!! And I agree with the American Idol stuff, although I don't think Kristy Lee Cook should have made it. I thought Asia'h would have stayed. Anyway, David A. is such a cutie! And I love Jason too. This blog totally reminds me of why we get along so freaking well. I sure love you and miss you dearly!