So the real reason behind this is that I went on Shannon's blog today (instead of doing all the work that is piling up on my desk) and she had been tagged. But instead of tagging 5 other like you're supposed to she left it open to whoever read her blog. And I'm sitting at PwC in a bad mood not wanting to work so I figured I would be one of Shannon's tagged people. There you have it - I tagged myself with this little "tell us about your life" activity. At least it will keep me occupied with something other than work for a while.
1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
10 years ago I was 14. So I was in the 8th grade. I actually loved 8th grade. I was starting to really get into dancing. I was living at home in Bountiful with my parents and 2 older sisters - the other 3 siblings were all married by then.
2. 5 things on my To Do list today?
I'm going to sound like the biggest nerd right now. Sorry if you don't understand any of the things that I have to do...I barely understand some of them. (1) Sec. 1256 analysis of the securities held by my client at year end; (2) Fix the partnership allocations for 6 funds with the new numbers we are getting from the auditors sometime today...darn auditors...But it's not like it's March 20 and we need to have all these returns done by the 30th... (3) Make sure all the partner information for the tax return is correct in our system for those 6 funds; (4) Drop off Jamie's sewing machine at the church for my ward's big Relief Society birthday celebration dinner (which I can't actually go to since after I drop off the sewing machine I have to come back to work - yes that's right - I have to leave the confines of my building to travel the 20 minutes to my home, walk up all 5 flights of stairs, get Jamie's sewing machine, walk down the 5 flights of stairs, walk the 7 blocks to the church carrying the dang thing, and then get back on the subway for another 20 minute commute, and work until after midnight...again); (5) Do a wash sales analysis on the 15,000+ securities purchased/sold by one of my clients.
Like I said - I sound like a nerd. A very busy one...and making that list makes me really wonder why I'm spending time right now blogging instead of attacking it. But at the same time that list scares me so much that I don't want to start working on it. Luckily these things do not need to be finished today or else I would be in big trouble.
3. What snacks I enjoy...
I really enjoy the treats that Joel has in his cat cookie jar on his desk (I love Sebastian) - this usually consist of chocolate which helps me get through my long days. What would this world be without chocolate??
4. What would I do if I were to suddenly become a billionaire?
The first thing that I would do (after writing that nice big tithing check) is quit! I would never work again. I would buy my own apartment on Park Avenue and fill it with furniture from Ikea and Pier One (I know I have a billion dollars, but why waste it on furniture? Plus they have cute stuff there). I would buy my mom and sisters designer handbags (and of course I'd have to buy one for myself as well) and I would find something to buy my dad and brothers - girls are so much easier to shop for!! Of course the accountant in me would put a nice chunk of it into a high yield savings bond or something to that effect - well more like I'd hire someone to earn me lots of money with it somehow. Maybe I'd even invest in a hedge fund - I see how much money these investors are making and I'm astonished!!! I'd probably donate some to my Alma Mater - GO COUGS! - and some other charities (gotta do my part in society). I would also go on a shopping spree and get a whole new wardrobe (again - gotta do my part in society...stimulating the economy and all). Ummm...I sound pretty selfish and material... but I guess it's just a dream that will never come true for me (unless there is some billionaire out there just waiting to marry me) so it's ok... Being in NY is showing me that there is a lot I could with a billion dollars. I don't think it would take too much effort for me to spend it all. Hahaha!
5. 3 Bad Habits
I would like to say that I don't have any bad habits, but I can't. Three of my bad habits are: (1) not making my bed, (2) not hanging up my clothes or putting away my shoes, and (3) cracking my knuckles.
6. 5 Places I've Lived
I haven't lived in 5 different cities...only 3. So here they are: (1) Bountiful, UT (2) Provo, UT and (3) NYC, NY.
7. 5 Jobs I've Had
(1) During high school I worked for Dr. Sam Wilson as a filer - that's right. My job was to put away the patient files and to put labs, etc. into the patient files. (2) Tutor - my favorite job ever. I would go over to the Ricks' house and help Cam, Lauren, Nate, and Meg with their homework. I love the Ricks family and miss them terribly!! I think we did more playing than actual homework...but they all passed their classes. (3) Assistant medical biller for Dr. Sam Wilson. (4) Receptionist for my brother - Dr. Scott Erickson. (5) Tax accountant at PwC - no comment.
8. 5 Things People Don't Know About Me
I am struggling to come up with 5 things that people don't know about me. And the things that most people don't know about me...well there is a reason for that (wink wink). But I'll try to come up with 5... (1) I almost died as a baby from a rare disease called the Kawasaki Disease. If you don't believe that it's a real disease here's a link: http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/medical/heart/kawasaki.html. They have a cure for it now, but when I had it they didn't. Because it is so rare, my doctor wanted to do lots of tests on me and document it in the medical journals, but thankfully Mom said no...it would have been a lot for a little baby to handle. (2) I sang a solo in my high school choir as we watched the Olympic torch run by. (3) I jumped off a 20 foot cliff into an icy river in the Swiss Alps. (3) I don't like dogs - sorry Jordan - but the more I live here in NY where dogs are EVERYWHERE the more I hate the little devils. They leave there messes everywhere and I can't go a block without seeing a puddle of nastiness. (4) I wanted to be a doctor for the longest time. My family even joked that I could be the famous singing doctor. Haha! (5) None of the girls in my family (excluding Mom) have middle names. So when Kelli, Kacee, and I were little we all made up middle names and mine was Lee. I made people call me Kristy Lee and even tried to get everyone at school to just call me Lee. It didn't work out though...but my family still calls me Kristy Lee every now and then.
Even though I wasn't technically tagged...I'm going to tag 5 people: Whitney, Tiffany, Jo, Katie, and Elizabeth. But if you were not tagged and you wish to be...I tag you too. And it's an official tag - you don't even have to feel lame that you tagged yourself. How about I tag everyone that reads this blog :)
4 comments:
You're right...I didn't understand anything that was on your list of 5 things to do! Love ya!
Kristy, I officially tag you. There...does that work? :) I love that it was distracting you enough to pull you away from your super stressful and crazy job (according to your to-do list...that all made zero sense to me!) If it makes you feel better, I accidentally fell asleep at work today! It was during my prep period and so quite...and I was so tired. :) Anyway, you're amazing. April will be here and gone before you know it (hopefully!)
Me Whitney? I've been tagged? This is the first time I've been tagged with blogging, and I'll probably do it because I enjoy being on here. I'm a dork. I enjoyed reading this though. Thanks!
Kristy. IKEA? If I became a billionaire the first thing I would do would vow to never own another crappy piece of furniture made of particle board!
Post a Comment