Monday, October 20, 2008

A Day in the Life...

A few weeks ago my friend Stacy asked me what my dream job would be. Without blinking I told her 'a trophy wife'. At the time I was partly kidding. But this weekend confirmed this dream of mine. I am now aspiring to be a trophy wife.

Wednesday marked the end of yet another busy season in the tax world. To celebrate this blessed event, I didn't work Thursday or Friday. I spent two glorious weekdays living the life of a trophy wife (sadly without the benefits of having a husband...wink wink). I slept in, went to the gym in the middle of the day, got a pedicure (I paid extra for 'spa treatment'), watched TV, read, and was basically lazy for 2 whole days. It was AMAZING!!! I decided that this was the life for me.

Unfortunately, today I am back at work. But I still have my dream and ambitions of becoming a trophy wife someday. So if any of you know any single, rich men out there looking for a wife to support give them my number PLEASE!!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You crack me up! I have a friend who dressed up as a trophy wife for Halloween last year...you should do it this year! She wore a cute red dress. She wore fake eye lashes and wore bright red lip stick and nail polish. Then she walked around with a trophy that said "#1 Wife" (she wrote that on herself) that she bought at DI...it was hilarious. Anyway...I really like your new blog look! Fall makes me happy!

Abby said...

That is a truly noble station to aspire to, Kristy. May your husband be rich, your house large, and your lapdog tiny.