Hey all you bloggers out there who take the time to read up on the happenings of my life. Sorry I've been kind of MIA lately. I really shouldn't even be blogging right now, but I feel like it's been so long and I have so much on my mind right now that it has to go somewhere...so here is a quick update on the things that have happened to me over the past month or so...
First off - I passed the last section of the CPA exam!!! Yay!! I can't really even explain how excited I am to have that behind me!! Now I just have 2 tiny open-book exams that I have to take for Utah (crazy Utahans) and a couple hundred more hours or so of accounting work and I will officially be a Certified Public Accountant! How crazy is that?!?! So it's looking like I'll have my actual license by May 2009. I can't wait!!
Second thing going on in my life is busy season #2. Oct. 15 marks the deadline for partnership tax returns that have been put on extension. So what does that mean for me? Well...working until 1 am and feeling guilty when I leave at 8 pm to work from home so I can do my laundry because I am completely out of clean clothes since I don't have time to do it ever. Why am I an accountant again??
Thirdly, I might be moving out of my glorious apartment to a less glorious apartment that I have yet to find. It's a long, complicated story that I'm sure you don't really care to hear about and I don't really want to write since I'm tired and I should really be working right now and not blogging. So I'm just going to give you the reader's digest version. We are trying to rent out our apartment and if someone rents it then I need to find a new place to live. But if no one shows interest in it, then I will stay here. So basically I'm totally in limbo right now and it doesn't help that I don't have time to even think about the situation because of work. And I can't decide if I want to move. I mean, I LOVE this apartment and I don't think I'd ever be able to find a place like this in the city, but it would be nice to pay a little less in rent each month and have a little more money to either save or to go have fun with (most likely the latter option).
And to go along with apartment searches...I had a memorable experience on Monday looking for potential new apartments. Again...reader's digest version...the broker who took my roommate and me around was pretty flirty with us. But then Kristin left a little early and I went alone with this guy to 2 more apartments. Let's just say the flirting increased tenfold. I don't think I've ever had someone tell me how cute/beautiful I am more times in one night then this guy did. It was pretty creepy and needless to say I was pretty glad when I was finally able to say "well this is my stop." I felt like I was on a date with this guy. We pretty much had a DTR on the train ride back when he told me that I was scared to admit how much fun I had that night becuase that meant I'd have to acknowledge the feelings that I was too scared to admit that I felt. I'm not kidding you. He actually said those words. It was weird. Let's just say that if we do go back to this brokerage firm to get an apartment, I'm going to request that this guy is not the one who takes us around the city again.
Last thing on my mind...why do some people not know where to draw the line? At work this guy that was reviewing some returns that I prepared (let's call him Jaxon) told me to make some changes that I thought were kind of weird, but I made them anyways. Then I gave the returns to the director (we'll call him Ryan - directors are right below partners) to review (returns go through extensive review processes before they are filed). Anyway...Ryan was like, this is wrong. When I told Jaxon what Ryan said, he told me that he never said I should do what I did and said that he was going to rectify the situation. He told me that I would enjoy the email he was sending to Ryan. He actually cc'd me on the email and it went something like this..."Kristy's an idiot and she hates Gentiles (bet you didn't know Mormons use that term as well). And I apologize on her behalf." Ok...maybe those aren't the exact words, but it's seriously pretty close. Ryan is Jewish so I guess Jaxon thought that we would have this little thing in common. But seriously... SERIOUSLY??? I'm speechless. Let's just say I hope that I never have to work with Jaxon again and I have some serious thinking to do about what I'm going to do about this email (if anything).
Well...those are the things that have been going on in my life. I know I didn't mention a lot of great stuff that I've done over the past month or so (like going home for Hannah's baptism), but like I said...I should really be working right now and not blogging.
4 comments:
Kristy! HOLY CRAP. I can't believe that broker! Honestly, what kind of person says that to someone mere hours after meeting?! Not that I'm super surprised, you ARE gorgeous. :)
Also, I would seriously do something about that email! If only for the religious part - always uncalled for at work!
Good luck with everything, congrats on passing yet another exam, and try to get some sleep! :) I've missed you...
Life sounds....fun? Hang in there and stay away from those creepy guys. He sounds worse than a BYU return missionary...jk. Think Europe!!! Love ya,
Oh the joys of the accounting review process. Takes twice as much time to review/revise the papers as it does to create them in the first place.
Wow, I can't even imagine the stress you are feeling. At least you can say I passed the big exam!!! Remember we always love you at home! Sure miss you!
Post a Comment