
Isn't it amazing that even though I'm grown and living on my own, when I have a day like today all I want if for my mom to give me a huge hug and tell me that she loves me. I rarely get homesick, but right now the only thing that could make me happy is to be sitting at home watching a movie while my mom rubs my feet.
Today some hateful words were said to me by a "friend". To this girl, I would just like to say...I hope that you feel better about yourself after tearing me down. I hope that by telling me what an awful person I am and that everyone hates me you can sleep better tonight. I do not know what I did to deserve such things thrown at me, but whatever it was I apologize. You will never know how your words have cut me. You will never know how I had to sneak into the bathroom at work so no one would have to see me cry. But I would like to thank you. You have made me take a good hard look at my life and the people in it. You have made me even more grateful that I have my family who love me no matter my flaws and who I can go to whenever I need them (even if they do all live in Utah), real friends who accept me as I am, and a Heavenly Father who sees more in me than anyone else ever will be able to. You have helped me to see that no matter what you say, I am loved. The Beatles really had the right idea...All You Need is LOVE!
"The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. On occasion, some may be correct. But do not do their work for them. Seek any job; ask anyone out; pursue any goal. Don't take it personally when they say 'no' - they may not be smart enough to say 'yes.'" - Keith Olbermann (thank you Starbucks coffee cup)
9 comments:
girl, i am so right there with you. something similar just happened to me, but it was a person i knew who was tearing me down anonymously on my blog. but i found out who it was and i was really hurt. so truly, i am sorry that happened to you. it's so disheartening when someone who you trust and consider a friend stabs you in the back. but i think you're great and wonderful and i applaud your courage and hard work. it takes a special kind of woman to be able to branch out like you have and leave home behind for the glorious nyc.
so keep your chin up and know that you are fabulous! :)
my lovely kristy! i would just like to say that I'm not a fan of this person, whoever she is, and whatever it was that she did. you are fabulous--one of the most selfless and loving people I know. You are beautiful from the inside out, and remember that. I love you!
So sorry Kris. Hope today is a better day. Girls can be impossible...I'm raising three! There was a great talk in conference about confrontation and stepping up and being the better person in situations like this. Hang in there and I'm so glad that you know we all love you more than words!
Thanks girls!! I'm so glad that I have friends/sisters like you! Love you!
Hey Kristy,
I haven't seen you in a few years, but I feel like I know you well from our days on drill team, and I have to say that that girl, whoever she is, doesn't know what she is talking about!
You are so sweet and fun. Such a good, wonderful person, and I LOVED the times that we hung out. I'm thankful for the opportunity that I had to get to know you. I hit a stumbling block last week when I was laid off. I felt so sad and hurt and rejected inside, but I just remembered how much the Lord loves me and it has really helped.
You are so right, Heavenly Father loves you SO much. He knows what's inside your heart.
Forget that girl, she doesn't deserve your friendship anyway!
Everything will be alright.
Kristy, you are a great person! And I know that you are the kind of person that will take constructive critisim and NOT the "put-downs" and insults. I admire you for taking a negitive experience and having the will to change it into a positive lesson to learn from-"You have made me even more grateful...", and "...no matter what you say, I am loved."
I admire you, Kristy!
Oh Kristy, I am so sorry you have to deal with mean girls. I have had my fair share of stuff like this and it never is easy BUT you are doing the right thing by remembering how many people love you and think you are amazing. No matter the trials we all have to go through, you will always have the consistancy or love from your family. We love you Kris!!!
i heart you too. but you know that. double xo xo xo xo
Kristy!
I am so sorry to hear your story. What a rude girl! She has no idea the kind of person you are and how sweet and caring and loving you are. Just want you to know that I love you and i know that so many others do too. Hope things are getting better and i know your mom wishes she could be there to rub your feet too!
Post a Comment