Why, you might ask, am I up at 5:30 am on a Tuesday morning? Oh have I got a good one for you today...
You know the saying "when it rains, it pours?" Well in my case - the rain is literal. On Saturday, after a big rainstorm, I noticed that the ceiling had leaked right onto my bed. It wasn't a huge wet spot, but obviously I wasn't too happy about it. First thing Monday morning (I know I should have done it on Sunday...but it was kind of a crazy day for me) I called the super to come over and fix it. Mid-afternoon, our he came over and took a look at our roof to see where it could be leaking and said that he would send someone by to fix it. A few hours later, I got a call saying that they wouldn't be able to come until Tuesday. I was a little worried that it might rain tonight, and...
You guessed it - another huge rainstorm.
At around 2:00 am I woke to the sounds of rain. I checked my bed where the leak had been before and to my relief it was completely dry. But then it hit me - right on the head - a drop of water from the ceiling. The dang leak was coming from a different part now. I was too tired to do anything else, so I just grabbed my pillow and blanket and went to sleep on the couch. However, I couldn't sleep very well. I kept getting up to check to see if the roof was leaking. But every time I looked, my bed was completely dry. Until...
I woke up at around 5:oo am and noticed that the rain was heavier than it had been earlier. I anxiously went into my room to check to see if the roof had started leaking and I almost died of shock/terror/grief/alarm...I can go on if you'd like. My bed was SOAKING wet!! I mean it - there were puddles of icky roof water on my matress. Immediately, with minimal swearing, I went into the kitchen and grabbed pots and pans and garbage sacks to put on my bed and floor. But it was leaking from too many spots to really get it all. And there was one big bulge in my ceiling that I knew was going to blow at any moment. There was only one thing left for me to do at this point. I had to move all my stuff out of my room.
So I gathered up all the clothes and shoes and purses on my floor (sorry Mom - my cleaning habbits haven't changed much) and dragged them into the kitchen and living room. Then I had to move my bed. There was no way I could get my bed out so I just had to move it somewhere in my tiny room to where it could not get any more damaged. Luckily, by turning my bed 90 degrees, I could move it out of harm's way.
An hour later I'm exhausted and a good portion of my belongings are in the kitchen/living room. So now I'm going to try to get some sleep before assessing the total damage done to my bed and other stuff. All I can do is hope and pray that my ceiling doesn't start leaking in other places and that the maintenance people will be here early to fix the problem (yeah...not holding my breath for that one).
4 comments:
That sucks. I'm so sorry. Good luck with getting everything fixed and dry! I hope your day gets better.
So lame! I'm sorry that this is happening to you. I hope everything gets fixed soon.
kristy. this is not good. im so sorry im not there to help! good news is all of tay's crap is out of the family room so you have loads of room for your stuff!! xoxo
dude. that EXACT same thing happened to me last year when i lived in your room. obviously. eberhart or whoever fixed it last year, didn't quite plug the hole properly. sorry -- it's such a pain.
Post a Comment