
Today marks the premier of High School Musical 3! For anyone who knows me at all you know how much I have been looking forward to this movie. In celebration of this blessed event, Jo and I called in "sick" to work. Jo came over around 12:30 and after talking for a bit, we realized that the next show started in just 6 minutes. We almost ran down my 5 flights of stairs and the 6 blocks to the movie theater and got there just a few minutes after the previews had began.
Don't worry...I'm not going to give anything away about the movie except to say that I loved it!! I mean...honestly, how could I not? Zac Efron, Ashley Tisdale, and Vanessa Hudgens singing and dancing - who could ask for more?!?! There was great music, terrific dancing, and I couldn't have asked for better company.
But wait...that's not the end of my story. As Jo and I were about to leave the theater, a bunch of little girls ahead of us (yes...there were the two of us with a bunch of middle school girls in the theater) started screaming and running outside. As we looked through the glass doors, we saw why. There, a few feet in front of us was a Fox 5 News camera interviewing peole who had just watched HSM 3. Jo and I immediately ran the other way, back into the theater. We could NOT be caught on the news coming out of HSM in the middle of the day. Could you imagine what our employers would have said had they seen us on TV? Bad news all around. Not only were we ditching work, but we were at High School Musical 3 - OPENING DAY!!! And to make matters worse, I hadn't showered yet, my hair was in pigtails (yes it's getting long enough to be put into small pigtails), and I didn't have an OUNCE of makeup on. Let's just say I wasn't fit to be seen on the news.
But Jo and I realized that we couldn't hide behind the pillar in the theater all day, so we got up the courage and started to leave. We were trying to rush out as quickly and inconspiculously as possible when we were detained in the doorway by a little girl who stoped to talk to her mom. I wanted to shove her out of the way, but I kindly said excuse me and rushed on by. Hopefully, the cameras did not catch us, but if they did, most likely we are just blurs in the background running away.
So as my mom said after I told her of this experience...I guess I learned my lesson. But going to see HSM 3 on opening day was totally worth it!
1 comment:
Go HSM!!! I can't wait to see this too. I am hoping to go with some of our neices because Chase wouldn't be caught dead paying money to see this film :) So hopefully I can tag along with Jordan. Glad you got to see it the 1st day out! Love that you were almost busted!
Post a Comment