OK...so still no pictures to post yet. But I promise that they will be coming. I just had to write about one more thing that I am thankful for in my life that I didn't even know existed a few days ago. But in order to make you understand why I'm so thankful, I must take you back about 2 weeks to when I was in Seville, Spain...
Stacy and I had already been to Barcelona and Madrid and I had taken approximately 500 pictures. I was in need of a new memory card because I knew that I would be taking A LOT of pictures in Paris, but I was holding out until my memory card was completely full. Anyway...it was the first day in Seville and I took out my camera to take a picture of something (what I don't remember...but that's not important) and a message came up on my screen saying "Format memory card." I told the camera "heck no!" and turned it off faster than I could say "adios".
Needless to say, we went straight to a camera shop to get a new memory card. The man in there was super sweet and had me check to make sure the card worked in my camera before I bought it (I love Spain!). Well...long story short ("too late" - thank you Clue)...the new memory card worked and so now I had 2 whole GB for the remaining portion of my trip.
Fast forward to Sunday night...setting: my bedroom in NYC...time: late.
I'm talking with Mom on the phone and telling her about my horrendous flight back from Barcelona when it occurs to me that I should look at my pictures. I stick in my first memory card (the one that wanted to be re-formatted) and to my horror no pictures come up. It says that my card is BLANK!! I was speechless...I couldn't even talk to Mom. I just told her that all my pictures from Europe were gone and that I had to get off the phone.
I tried everything I could think of to get those pictures back and when everything had failed I broke down in tears. These weren't just normal tears...I completely LOST IT!!! Luckily none of my roommates were home or they probably would have sent me to a mental institution.
But after some time of lying on my floor lamenting the fact that I no longer had pictures to document my first week spent in Spain I decided to snap out of it. This was mainly do to the fact that my TV had been paused for so long that it couldn't be paused any more and the Britney Spears special was playing and I didn't want to miss it. (I know - pathetic. But whatever works, right?)
OK...fast forward again to yesterday. I had mentioned to one of my co-workers the travesty of my lost pictures and she told me of this amazing software out in the technology world that will recover your lost/deleted photos from your memory card!! So of course, the first thing I did when I got home from work was buy this said software. And...IT WORKED!!! I have all 500 + pictures that I had taken while I was in Barcelona and Madrid on my computer as I speak!!! I can't even tell you how excited I am about that. So...thank you Jackie for telling me about this! And thank you technology people who came up with this software! You are truly a blessing from Heaven!
Now I just need to get the 5 GB worth of pictures and video from Stacy so I can put together one mean slide show to share with you all. But don't hold your breath...there are a lot of pictures for me to go through :).
No comments:
Post a Comment