Saturday, December 6, 2008

Boredom

For two weeks, I was constantly on the go visiting one amazing site after another. Now that I have returned to NYC, however, life has taken a different turn. It doesn't help that December is a very slow month for tax accountants in the hedge fund industry. We are in between our busy seasons and there isn't much for us to do. So all week, I've been trying to fill those 8 hours at work by reading blogs (thank you everyone for your great blogs), writing on my blog (sorry for so many posts lately), playing Solitaire, and watching TV online. Needless to say, the past week at work has dragged on.

But at night I have tried my hardest to fill my hours. On Monday I saw Twilight, Tuesday I went to All My Sons (staring Katie Holmes and John Lithgow), Wednesday I caught up on all the TV I missed while I was away, Thursday I saw White Christmas (the Broadway show), and last night I saw Twilight again! But now it's Saturday night and I've spent the day baking cookies and hanging out with Jo. But Jo had plans for tonight and I wasn't in the mood to go out with other friends. But then...I got bored.

I've learned that I shouldn't get bored because that is when I get impulsive. Sometimes I bake, sometimes I buy too much music on iTunes, other times I go shopping online. I don't always act on my impulsiveness, but tonight I did. I decided that it was high time that I made yet another change in my appearance (remember a while back when I mentioned my addiction to changing my hair?). But I didn't want to cut my hair...I'm trying my hardest to grow it out...so I stopped by Duane Reade to buy some hair color.

My roommate Kristin wasn't home when I got back, so I went straight to the bathroom and got to work. I covered my entire head with the dye (which didn't take too long since my hair is still quite short), spent 12 minutes dancing around my apartment to Christmas music, then hopped in the shower to wash my hair. When I got out of the shower I was a new person! I went into the shower with brown hair and came out with BLACK! Yes black.

I've had black hair before, but that was when my hair was long and I didn't have bangs. I wasn't sure how black hair would look with my current cut, but I must say that I actually quite like it. However, I'm going to let you decide for yourself. Here is a before and after picture (I apologize for lack of makeup in the after picture - hence the shine. I wasn't about to put on make up just to stay in for the night):

6 comments:

Kacee said...

Wow Kris! I could never pull off your "do's". You look cute as always. Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!!

Tara said...

You are adorable! I went through a phase like that back in Jr. High where I changed my hair more frequently than I changed my underwear (almost) but I never looked nearly as cute as you! Now that you're bored and back in town, wanna actually get together for lunch? Jon's done with classes soon so he can be home with Adalyn. What d'ya say?

Abby said...

Well I just think you are always super cute!

Your hair looks great and that is a great cut. Way to be daring!

L Chang said...

I love it!

ms-mclaws said...

Umm you look beautiful! You can totally pull that off. And YES! I want to come visit! I am completely serious!!!!!

Kelli said...

Are you going red for Christmas? Can't wait to see you. Looks good but I really don't feel bad for you being bored. I honestly can't remember the last time I was bored. Just for these comments of boredom you will be required to have 2 sleepovers with my kids while you are home! Love ya,