Tuesday, April 27, 2010

How to Instantly Feel Old

Last night at FHE I was getting to know a couple of girls in my ward. I knew they were younger, but I've come to realize that MOST people in my ward are younger than me so I'm getting over it. I was thinking to myself - OK these girls are kind of fun, maybe a little immature, but hey - so am I, right?

That was until I was given the blow of my life...

One of the girls started talking to this kid asking if they went to school (as in high school) together. And he was like - yeah I think so...you graduated in 2006, right?

My reaction: WAIT, WHAT?!?!?! 2006?!?!?! Ok I'm OLD!

But that wasn't the blow...

The girl just laughed and said - no I graduated in 2009!!!!!

At this point I wanted to crawl under a table and hide. I actually was speechless. And the best part was - before this conversation took place I had told this girl I was 26 and she had invited me to come hang out with her and her friends. She said she had a lot of really hot guy friends I could hook up with (yes - those were her words). But when she said she graduated in 2009 all I could think of was the legal ramifications of "hooking up" with one of her friends. Prison bars flashed before my eyes.

Let's just say I didn't stick around FHE much longer and went home to my anti-wrinkle treatment and colored my hair to cover the grays (OK...I actually didn't do either of those things...but I feel like I should have). Hopefully my next ward will be a little older...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny! Sad, but funny. She must have gone to school with my sister. Besides, age is just a number.