I'm a procrastinator. I always have been. I probably always will be.
Throughout school I always did projects the last minute.
In life I don't do things until I NEED to.
This week has brought this character flaw to the forefront of my attention.
The tax deadline has passed. There is some work to be done, but not a lot. There is no deadline staring me in the face challenging me to get all my work done in a timely and efficient manner. All I have is a pile of partially completed returns either waiting for more information from clients or for me to discuss my questions with the manager or partner. But I know once these returns get completed then I'll be sitting here twiddling my thumbs, reading blog posts, facebook stalking, and blogging...
OH WAIT!
That's what I did today!
I've always known this, but this week I've re-decided that I do the best work when I'm under pressure. Maybe that's why I was able to climb up the corporate ladder in NYC - no matter what time of year, there was ALWAYS pressure.
I'm not saying I miss that pressure. The problem is...I'm lazy! I've decided that's the root of my procrastination problem.Without the pressure, I have no motivation to do work.
Maybe I should try making fake deadlines for myself...nah!
1 comment:
I am exactly the same way. I also do better under pressure for some reason.
Just find some more projects to do! It IS quite nice to not have more stress though isn't it?
Post a Comment