Wednesday, July 14, 2010

2 Down...28 To Go

A few friends and I have decided to challenge each other with Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.

Today was day 2 for me. I have to say that Jillian definitely knows how to kick my butt - even when she's not actually in the room, in my face, yelling at me. It's only a 20 minute video, but each time I've come away feeling like I've worked out for at least an hour. I don't know how she does it...but it's a killer work out.

And I'm only on Level 1!!

But even though I've got the exercise plan all set, I now need to work on eating better. Today was a BAD day when it came to food and if I'm going to shred any poundage I need to change that. So tomorrow I'm going to start back up on Weight Watchers and might even go to a meeting (I'm a little scared for the meeting to be honest).

Other things I'm going to do: start bringing a healthy lunch to work every day instead of eating out with the boys. Go off sweets (cookies, cakes, chocolate, ice cream, soda, etc) for the next 28 days (while I'm doing this 30 day shred thing...even though I definitely ate sugar today). Drink more water throughout the day to help suppress cravings.

My goal is to go from this:

To this:

Wish me luck!!!

PS - Thanks Melissa for forcing me to exercise tonight even though it was 11:45pm and I was tired. I needed it! Keep up the support and peer pressure :)

6 comments:

Robert and Stacey Hall Family said...

Way to go Kristy! I also have been losing weight. I have lost 30 pounds so far this year and have another 40 to go. It's hard getting on a good eating program but you can do it. I have a gym membership right now so I exercise there and I love it! Keep up the good work!!!!!!

Jo said...

You do not look like that! Just had to say it.

I'm a little scared of the 30 day shred, have to admit.

Unknown said...

Those pictures made me laugh because that is not how you look at all! Good luck with the 30 day shred! I think that's awesome.

Katie said...

Fine. Just make me feel guilty for not starting Monday because I didn't get home until 11:30. But I'm amazed you did it that late! I need to eat healthier too...

Shannon said...

So I saw that DVD on my list of suggested movies on Netflix. It's like they knew I was fat and needed it. :) So I ordered it, and it's coming tomorrow! I love Jillian, but I might hate her during this :)

Melissa Ortolani Purser said...

Hey, no prob. What are friends for anyways? I could have helped with the whole moving/packing thing too...I guess I'm not THAT good of a friend. haha.