Friday, September 10, 2010

How Did I Ever Do It?

Today is Friday. So that would normally mean that I wouldn't be working, right? WRONG! Because of the tax deadline that is coming up on Sept. 15, I have been working for the past couple of Fridays. It's been pretty busy around here and I probably shouldn't be blogging right now, but I need a mental break while I eat lunch.

So now that I've had to go back to working 5 days a week I'm really wondering how I used to do it. It's hard! I get so ready to be done with work by the time Thursday afternoon comes along that it's really hard for me to get out of bed Friday mornings. Oh - and I didn't even have work on Monday due to Labor Day and it was still hard this morning. I think it's a mentality thing.

Money-wise I'm going to really enjoy working an extra day each week and I kind of wish it would last longer than just through the tax deadlines (Oct. 15 is the last one until April). But physically and emotionally I miss my extra day off each week.

Plus the days I have worked this week have been long ones. Not NYC PwC long, but ya know - 10 hour days. But that also makes me wonder how I was able to put in those long hours at PwC for over 2 years. I can't imagine working a 18 hour day right now. The thought makes me tired.

Well...I know this post was really pointless and maybe didn't even make sense, but I felt like I needed to write down my thoughts. So there you have it.

No comments: