When you are feeling like eating healthy for lunch what do you grab? I grab a salad. That's healthy right?
WRONG!!!
This of course depends on where you go to get the Salad
Yep! You heard me. I learned the hard way today that my eating healthy was actually worse than going to
McDonald's!
Here is the nutritional information from my lunch:
Calories: 685
Total Fat: 49.5g
Saturated Fat: 12g
Cholesterol: 85mg
Sodium: 1365mg
Sugar: 21g
* Nutritional information courtesy of Kneaders Bakery
I'm not making this stuff up.
49.5g of FAT in a SALAD!!!!
For comparison, here is the nutritional information for McDonald's Quarter Pounder w/ cheese (which I would never get bc it's so bad for you)
Calories: 510
Total Fat: 26g
Saturated Fat: 12g
Cholesterol: 90mg
Sodium: 1190mg
Sugar: 9g
*Nutritional Information courtesy of McDonald's
Luckily I had looked up the nutritional information before eating my salad so I was able to bypass the pecans (which are delicious, but contribute to the high calories, fat, and sugar). But I had already put on the dressing and so I couldn't take away those 24 g of fat and 240 calories.
It kind of made me sick to think that one small salad could be so horrible for you! I felt like I have been swindled! I tried to be healthy, but now all I can think of is how long I'm going to have to run tonight at the gym to make up for my SALAD! I think that Utah should follow suit of New York and require restaurants to display the nutritional information. Then I would have known to ask for no pecans and no dressing.
So beware: not all salads are made equal
3 comments:
i learned this while i was working too! also, the chicken sandwiches aren't always the best either. i think most of the fat is from the dressing. but yes, sometimes a burger is better! crazy, eh?
Or 800 calories in a Cafe Rio salad. Though just by looking at that salad, you know it's not healthy. But sometimes it's just so darn good that you have to do it. :)
Oh.... Kristy... why did you have to tell me this? Ha ha. That is really, really sad...
Post a Comment