I just dropped my parents off at the airport as they begin their journey as missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was very hard to say good-bye to them, but I know that it's worth it. They are going to be amazing missionaries and are going to bless the lives of those living in Sweden. I'm so proud of my parents and their decision they made to serve the Lord. But it was still hard to say good-bye.
Well, since I knew today was going to be a hard day, I took it off from work! Yay! So now I'm sitting at home wondering what to do. What I should do is go to the gym. But what I'm going to do it update this blog with some pictures I've taken over the past couple of months. So yes...there are going to be lots and lots of pictures in this post. I haven't posted any pics in a really long time so there is a lot to cover.
The first thing is my family's annual trip to my cabin for our reunion. We had a great time this year (as we do every year)! This year, because Mom & Dad will be gone, we celebrated Christmas in July. It was so fun! As per our (new) tradition, we did white elephant gifts. I got a Justin Bieber watch (oh yeah!), Jeff & Scott got some awesome singing hats, and Jordan came away with the prize possession of an autographed picture of...ME! Haha! Other than Christmas, we played games, rafted down the river, went on a hike, played tennis, took a trip into Yellowstone, went to a rodeo, and just hung out. I love my family! We always have a great time together.
Since the cabin trip, I've just been hanging out with friends - trying to take advantage of what's left of the summer as much as we could. Setting aside all the drama that has surrounded my summer, it's been a pretty great few months!
I played boccie ball with some friends at one of our many game nights.
I went to a Death Cab for Cutie concert with Jo & Melissa.
I went camping for Labor Day weekend (3 nights of sleeping in a tent) with Brant (the mysterious Mr. B I've been writing to much about lately) Katie, Gary, and Chris.
And to the Utah State Fair with Brant.
I'm sad to see this summer come to an end, but I LOVE fall and can't wait for all the fun things it brings with it.
2 comments:
Love all the pics! Good luck to your parents! They're going to bless so many lives.
Loved all the pictures!
Post a Comment