Dear Mom & Dad,
You leave for the MTC on MONDAY! Yep - just a few days from now and you'll be official missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I can't believe that you're going to be gone for 18 months. I know the time will go fast, but I'm going to miss you so much! It's going to be hard not to be able to just call you when I need a recipe. Or text you when I need to just tell you something quick. Or see you pretty much whenever I want. But you'll be serving the Lord, which is such an amazing thing. I'm so proud to be your daughter. I love you both so much! You mean the world to me. Thank goodness we have email and Skype. We'll be able to stay in touch over the next while. And just think - next summer I'll come visit you! Won't that be fun?!? Sure, the next year and a half are going to be hard not having you around, but we'll make it through. Sure do love you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear B,
Well, I guess I've figured out how I feel about you finally. And I'm glad you feel the same about me. Who would have ever thought we'd be where we are. I know neither one of us did. Even though we are so completely different - in practically every way (with a few exceptions such as black licorice, Cougar Town, and kissing) - somehow what we've got really works. For now at least. Who knows what the future will bring. But I'm looking forward to what's ahead of us. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous for you to meet my family on Sunday. Is it too soon to introduce you to them? Is this a bad idea? I'm not sure the answers to those questions. I guess we'll find out in a couple of days.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear K,
I'm glad we've become friends. It's nice to have a good girl friend in my new ward. Plus we have tons of fun together. And we are kind of the same person. So it's like hanging out with myself - and who doesn't like that? Hahaha! Thanks for putting up with me & B all the time. And thanks for being my sounding board. I'm glad I'm yours too. It makes so I don't feel as bad when I go on and on about things sometimes. Thanks for introducing me to Cougar Town. It's so funny!!! And yes - one day we should have our very own "Cul de Sac Crew." It'd be awesome!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear J,
This will be my last letter to you. No - we haven't yet talked face to face since that fateful day. But I'm starting to not care. Sure, I still am a little cautious w/ B at church things - just in case you're around. But that's going to stop. I'm with B now, and how you feel about it has no effect on me whatsoever. Is that cruel to say? I'm doing really good about not thinking about you. Your name usually only pops into my head when someone brings you up or mentions something from when we were together. I might not be totally free of you, but I'm no longer hurting. Are you really ever free from the first guy you truly loved? I don't think so. So yes, you will always be a part of me. But you'll only get a very small part.
This will be my last letter to you. No - we haven't yet talked face to face since that fateful day. But I'm starting to not care. Sure, I still am a little cautious w/ B at church things - just in case you're around. But that's going to stop. I'm with B now, and how you feel about it has no effect on me whatsoever. Is that cruel to say? I'm doing really good about not thinking about you. Your name usually only pops into my head when someone brings you up or mentions something from when we were together. I might not be totally free of you, but I'm no longer hurting. Are you really ever free from the first guy you truly loved? I don't think so. So yes, you will always be a part of me. But you'll only get a very small part.
1 comment:
Kristy,
I love you so very much. You have no idea how happy I am for you as I read this. Remember how awesome you are and that you are loved <3!
-Meg
Post a Comment