Ok...yes. I know I already posted today. So what? It's one of those days. Forgive me?
I don't know what's up with me today, but I am feeling trapped. Trapped by this world I've created for myself. A world that includes a job, good friends, family nearby, 2 cats, church, and a boy. Sounds pretty terrible doesn't it? I mean, who would want my life when I put it like that? I hope you got that I was being very sarcastic.
So, then why do I feel like I want to escape it all? Why do all of a sudden I have this need to be anywhere but where I am, be anyone but who I am, do anything but what I'm doing?
And why is it that the weekend I NEED to get away from it all I can't?
I've been contemplating going to St. George this weekend. Just me. No one else. Solo. I'd do nothing but sit by the pool & read my book for hours. Maybe go to a movie. What movie? It wouldn't matter...whatever I felt like watching. I even got so far as looking up hotels to stay in. But before making a reservation, I checked the weather. There is one day for the next week when it's going to storm in St. George. Just take a guess what day that is. Yep! You guessed it...tomorrow. Oh...and then I remembered that I have plans tomorrow night & my parents will be back from the MTC for one last weekend together before they're gone. So never mind that idea.
But I need to get away. By myself. Be alone. Think about nothing and everything all at once. Just be ME for a while. Even if it's just for a day. A night. A few hours. A month (haha JK...though it does sound amazing right now).
As I've been thinking about why I feel this overwhelming need to retreat, I realized a few things:
1) I NEED "me" time. Time where I am alone doing what I want to do, not caring about anyone else. Listening to loud music. Dancing around in my undies. Eating bad for me food and not caring. Watching a good ol' fashion chick flick. Being ME.
2) I haven't had "me" time since the beginning of June when I started dating Jared (and possibly before that. I'm not sure when the last "me" day was to be honest). I was always with Jared. Then when that ended I was always with friends. Now I'm always with B. The only time I'm alone is when I'm at work... but I'm still not doing what I WANT to do. So it doesn't count as "me" time.
3) My life has been such a roller coaster for the past few months, I don't think my emotions and thoughts have really been able to catch up. I think they are just starting too and it's very overwhelming. I'm not even sure who I am anymore or what I'm feeling. I need time to figure those things out.
4) I love to travel, and I haven't gone away since April. That's a long time for me. No wonder I'm feeling the itch. I like Utah (well...sort of). But I can't stay here for long before I have to leave. I know St. George is still Utah...but it's not Bountiful, UT. So it would work.
5) I don't know when or where to, but I WILL get away soon! Maybe next weekend? I may be making a visit to St. George.
But for now I'm going to settle for going camping with B tonight and calling in sick tomorrow. At least I'll have a "me" morning/afternoon tomorrow. Hopefully it'll help.
3 comments:
1. I like double post days
2. I like your blog... I always get excited when I see you have new posts
3. I hear you on the "me-time". I've realized that if I don't have at least a little bit of it each day I seriously go insane. I kind of want to take a cruise all by myself sometime soon...
Dear Kristy,
I love you so much. I've been feeling the exact same way lately. My best advice it to take some "me" time. I'm taking myself on a date Saturday night and it's going to be one of the best dates ever! You can still have "me" time while balancing "B" time. Trust me. Taking care of yourself and your happiness first will effect everything in the long run. I love you! Let me know if I can help with anything.
<3,
Megs
I also like double post days. "Me" time is good, but when I first started reading your post my first thought was "Satan is working really hard on you". Your first pargraph states your life is actually pretty good right now. Satan realizes you are becoming happy and he wants to mess everything up. Just be aware and stay strong!!
Post a Comment