Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Best Weekend EVER!

This past weekend my mom, my three sisters, and one of my sisters-in-law came to NY to visit me. We had SOOOOO much fun! When they first arrived they didn't know what to do with such little space. They are used to large homes with large back and front yards and big comfortable beds. But all 6 of us squeezed into my small one bedroom apartment. Kacee and I shared my bed, Kelli and Inger shared the fold-out couch, and Mom and Cori shared the air mattress (Mom insisted that she did not want to sleep in my bed - I did offer, I promise!). We did lots of fun things while they were here. The first night Kelli, Kacee, and I went to WICKED!! and Mom, Cori, and Inger saw 39 Steps. The second night we all went to Guys and Dolls. All the plays were great! The third night we saw 17 again (Jo joined us - she had to meet the fam).

But we didn't just have fun at night. Friday was spent in China Town. That is definitely NOT my favorite place in NYC, but I was with family so it made it more bearable. We got kicked out of one store because we tried to touch the shirts and then the purses - Heaven forbid!! That was definitely a first for me. We got lots of purses - thanks Mom for buying us each one! After hours of battling the crowds in China Town, we went to Little Italy for lunch/dinner. It was DELISH!

On Saturday we went to a LATE brunch (1:30 pm) at my favorite brunch place in NYC - Sarabeth's. It's up in my old hood so it was fun to show my fam where I used to live. Then we walked around Central Park. The trees are all blooming right now so it's BEAUTIFUL!! Most of the tulips and daffodils were up - except in the tulip garden. We got lots of pictures with the flowers. I also took them to the outside of the Metropolitan Museum. We didn't have time to go in, so we just walked by. And of course I couldn't let them leave NYC without tasting Pinkberry!! So we grabbed some before the movie.

After our long days of walking around NYC, we came home and talked until the early hours of the morning. They were all on Utah time, so going to bed at 2 meant they were really only staying awake until midnight - but for me it was 2. No wonder it was easy to sleep in until 9:30 am.

As you can tell, we had a ton of fun! While it's nice to have my apartment to myself, I miss having the family here. It made me really wish I lived closer and their pleas for me to move to California or Arizona are starting to sound really appealing (although not Arizona - you get the HOT without the benefits of the BEACH). So who knows - maybe I will be going west in the future.

Thanks family for such a great time!! I love you all and can't wait to see the rest of the fam this summer!

PS - I didn't take any pictures while the fam was here. They took all the pictures with promises that they would send me a CD of them. So if I get it in the near future I'll post some.

1 comment:

Kacee said...

Hey!! I just got the last of the pics from Cori so a CD will be on it's way. I had so much fun!! Thank you for the fun time in your city!