Saturday, April 25, 2009

Maggie

This weekend the Erickson clan gain another member. Introducing Maggie:

She's an adorable gray/orange calico. She's 1 year 6 months old. Maggie was a stray cat that the ASPCA picked up about 2 weeks ago. They told me that she was shy, but when I was at the shelter Maggie came right up to me and began cuddling with me after only a few minutes. I was sold! She definitely won me over.

Maggie's adjusted quite well to her new home. Last night was a little long, though. She was mewing all night, but I'm hoping to stop that habit soon. They said to ignore the mewing/crying during the day so she doesn't think that it will be ok to do it at night. I just hope that my neighbors don't hate me for all her mewing. I left today and could hear her from the floor below me. I hope that she wasn't doing that the whole time I was gone.

I sure do love having Maggie around. She's my little cuddle buddy while I'm watching TV and she's my shadow wherever I go. Soooo much fun!

4 comments:

Kacee said...

Soooo cute!!! Wish she would have been there while we were there but maybe that would have freaked her out. Or maybe she would of have no room :) What a darling little kitty!!

Abby said...

I love cats. Congatulations! She's a cutie.

Kelli said...

You really did it! Cute cat. Too bad we didn't get to meet her. We probably would have freaked her right out. Thanks for the fun weekend. I have thought about it all week as I was doing laundry and actually had to cook my meals. Thanks for a fun and memorable trip! Oh and I need Julia's email and address for the pics!

Kelli said...

hi this is Hannah. I love your cat! I think her name fits right in with her. What kind of cat is Maggie? I miss you!