Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Last 24 Hours

It's been a while since I've had a great 24 hour period - but this weekend I was blessed. It all started Friday night when I came home from work around 8 pm with the mind-set that I was going to fix the disaster area that is also known as my apartment. I made a quick stop at Duane Reade to pick up a few cleaning supplies then got to work. I washed dishes, put away clothes, scrubbed the kitchen, scrubbed the tub, swept the floors, cleaned the toilet, threw out junk mail, got my stove/oven lit (yes - after 3 months), and even more. I was going, going, going until 2 am. I went to bed completely satisfied with my night and excited to sleep in.

Well that didn't happen. For some reason I woke up at 8 am fully awake (which is amazing since I can barely get up at 8:30 during the week to go to work). So I got up and started on my to do list. Here is what I did today (in order):
- took out the trash
- did my laundry (which means I dropped it off to be picked up later in the day)
- returned movies to Blockbusters
- bought a table for my kitchen
- hung pictures that I've had sitting on my table since Jan.
- framed and hung a painting I got in Nov.
- organized my bathroom
- did my taxes
- disassembled the huge bookcase that was in my kitchen
- assembled my new kitchen table
- watched conference
- got a pedicure
- picked up my laundry and put it away (a BIG step for me)
- showered
- watched afternoon session of conference
- went over to a friend's
- went to a movie with some fun girls
- stopped off at Pinkberry on my walk home
- came home and blogged

Wow! Who knew so much could be done in one day? It's a good thing that my manager emailed to let me know the work that was supposed to come in wouldn't be ready until Monday. Busy season isn't quite over yet - but this weekend gave me hope that it will end soon and I look forward to having more productive Saturdays like today and even more lazy Saturdays.

1 comment:

Abby said...

I am actually jealous of your productive day!

I wish I had that kind of energy!