One thing that I've had to get used to with my new friends is their love for outdoorsy things (e.g. hiking & camping). I'm not saying that my NY friends didn't enjoy the outdoors, it's just there isn't too much hiking done in NYC. Our being out in nature is walking through Central Park. But luckily I grew up backpacking and camping, so it hasn't been too difficult to get used to.
On that note...last weekend, some friends and I decided to go camping up by the B (for those of you not familiar with Utah...we put up large letters to represent schools on the side of the mountain: B for Bountiful, Y for BYU, etc - the other schools aren't really worth mentioning haha). It had been YEARS since I had even been up by the B and I had no idea there were camp sites up there. But there are!
KC and Melissa went up a little early and got camp all set up (thanks guys!)
So when my car arrived there wasn't much to be done besides building a fire.
(Kellan working on the fire with his pokey fire stick)
(I just thought this picture was really cool)
KC, Traci, and Melissa
We didn't stay around the fire until very late because it started raining pretty hard. So we put out the fire and got into the tent. Once we were all settled, the rain stopped...of course!
The next morning we all woke up pretty early (I wonder why...Melissa...JK!) but just hung out in the tent for a while. Eventually we decided to actually get up and eat some breakfast and start another fire. Unfortunately the firewood got a little wet from the rain, so Kellan had a little trouble starting it up. Thankfully Traci stepped in to help :)
We ended up with more of a smoke pit instead of an actual fire, but it was OK because it was pretty warm when the sun came out.
After hanging out for a bit, we packed up and headed back down the mountain. As we came around a corner, this is the sight that greeted us:
Yeah...I'm starting to really like being back in Utah.
2 comments:
All this outdoorsy-ness looks exhausting. Also, I guess I'll have to pack a lot of sweatshirts to live in Utah.
That looks like so much fun! I am excited for your soon-to-be-house! I will know exactly where you live and if I need a few minutes in the toy room, I may have to come over!
Post a Comment